Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: 6/13 –Daily Miles Participation Email Temporarily Disabled

Highlighted
Community Manager

Update: 6/13 –Daily Miles Participation Email Temporarily Disabled

Hello everyone:

Effective today (Wednesday, June 13th), the Daily Participation Miles email has been temporarily disabled.   Our tech team is entering the final testing stages of the miles file fix and as a necessary precaution we've turned off this functionally in preparation for implementation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, our teams are working diligently to synch our file processing across the board. We’ll send an update as soon as we receive more information. Thanks again for your continued patience while we work through these issues. If you have any questions, please let us know.

13 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Update: 6/13 –Daily Miles Participation Email Temporarily Disabled

Thanks for the update. Good to know there's a fix coming!

Internationally Known

Thanks for the update. My miles are way behind now, but I am glad that the team is working on a solution. We appreciate any updates that you can give us. I love this community and I certainly want to keep reading and contributing.

Internationally Known

Appreciate the update! Can't wait for the fix! :D

Internationally Known

I have been offline for a couple days due to my crazy schedule right now. I just received a large number of miles. Thanks to all who worked on the problem.

Internationally Known

Really? Mine are still messed up.

Internationally Known

Hi GeneaD:

Although I got in a good number of miles recently, I am still a little over 6,000 miles short. Should I contact a moderator, or should I wait it out? Thanks as always.

Nationally Recognized

I'm ~1500 miles short right now.  I just commented in the other discussion thread (the really long one) that it would be GREAT if there was a way to add an "as of" date or "last updated" date next to our mile total on our profiles.  That way if things got backed up by a few days (or more) we wouldn't sweat it.  And then we'd be able to easily keep track of what was happening with the mile totals.  

Nationally Recognized

Really wondering what's going on. I'm missing a bunch of points. Of recent, I posted 3 stories this past weekend and did not gain any points. I actually lost 130 points! I'm really glad I started keeping track of my points rather than trusting Barclays to get it right. The ability to generate miles through the Travel Community is one of the only reasons I still have an account with Barclays but if they insist on jipping their customers, I will gladly take my business elsewhere. 

Internationally Known

Hey aesmaily - I think all of us users share your frustration, but one of the things that makes this community one that I come back to pretty much daily is that everybody is positive in expressing it. I won't speak for others, but saying that if Barclays "insist on jipping their customers, I will gladly take my business elsewhere" doesn't sit well with me in terms of tone for this community, and in terms of using a word that derives from a pejorative term for - of all people - travelers. (https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/12/30/**bleep**/why-being-gypped-hurts-the-roma-more-th...)

Your frustration about recent points issues is one that I and many other users share; I hope that in the future, if you decide to stay with Barclays, that you will consider expressing your concerns in a more constructive way to help keep this community the wonderful place it is!