cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To gefe57's point (while we're waiting for pictures to return...)

Internationally Known

To gefe57's point (while we're waiting for pictures to return...)

In the course of commisserating with everyone about the pictures seeming to have disappeared, I received a notification that I had earned the "Threads - 50" badge. So then I was looking at my badges, which I don't think I have ever actually done before, and I was looking at the stats underneath them about how many users had earned each badge. As of writing this, 662 of us have posted 50 stories or more. 695 of us have given 100 kudos or more, and 495 of us have received 100 kudos or more. I'm fascinated by this because it seems contrary to how it feels sometimes, that there is a relatively small pool of people who kudo regularly and generously vs the number of people who post stories. I wonder if it would be a more accurate-feeling picture if the badges went beyond 100, or had anniversaries, like the way the kudos leaderboard tells you different things when you're looking at who's in the top spots today vs this month vs all time.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: To gefe57's point (while we're waiting for pictures to return...)

I'd like to see a kudos given leaderboard. Those who give the most kudos should be rewarded. (Theoretically, they are rewarded by return kudos, but that is not always the case.)

Internationally Known

A Kudos leaderboard would be interesting, but I suspect it would be about fifteen people who are always in kudo jail tied!  I know I end up there on a daily basis!

Internationally Known

I would love to see a kudos given leaderboard! But I have a strong suspicion that it would look very similar to the kudos received leaderboard. 

Internationally Known

Yeah, you are probably right a kudos given leaderboard would probably look similar, but I think it would be interesting to see and would point out possible discrepancies,  and fake accounts, if you know what I mean.

Also, anyone know how the 30 day kudos leaderboard works? Some people seem to never move from their spot and others move up and down constantly or drastically. I’m not sure how it works is it based on average daily kudos received, or?? The other boards are more clear.

And I wish there were more badges, too.  

Internationally Known

It's a rolling 30 day period. So, hypothetically, if someone received 10,000 kudos on August 1, they would be at the top and stay up there until September 1, and then they would all drop off at the same time.

The people who are staying consistently on the top 30 day leaderboard would have to be getting a consistent number of kudos to stay there.

Internationally Known

Cool idea...a kudo given leaderboard...unfortunately, this probably won't get us anywhere and likely look similar to the exisiting one. Just check out the first 5 pages of the top contributors and look at their activity...not many around who contribute daily and/or spread the kudo love :-(

Nevertheless, a great community....but without pictures it is just much less exciting!!

Moderators, where are you???

Internationally Known

I better pipe in here.  After reading all the posts on this thread I too agree a Kudos Given leader board would be interesting as well.  And yes, it would probably have the same people on it.  Maybe they should have a Kudos Jail tally,  HaHaHa!  I know that a lot of us would be there as well.  It is difficult for me to understand how someone can gladly accept kudos from everyone and then not return the love.  Every great once in a while certain users will throw out a token kudo or two but that’s about it.  I personally have experienced this with several users.  I will (well I used to) give kudos for all their stories and get a kudo here or there in return.  I just stopped giving kudos to those individuals.  I’m sure that I’m not alone in experiencing that.  Echochaser21, I never thought to look at those figures, that’s interesting.  I also agree that it would be nice to have a “badge “ for a higher levels of kudos given.  100 kudos given is easy to earn in a couple hours or less if you aren’t thrown in kudos jail for giving too many in an hour.  The 100 kudos number doesn’t really tell us much about the individuals participation in giving kudos.  

Internationally Known

Trips4me, speaking of fake accounts it seems like something was done about that one user that we were all talking about, he/she has not received any more kudos, that is unless the person is using s different name now.