cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Kudo up front ... or backwards from the beginning?

Internationally Known

To Kudo up front ... or backwards from the beginning?

I only get 100 kudo's a day! ... and have found myself in 'Kudo jail' more than once (I apologize - I can't remember who to give credit to for that one!). 

What's your strategy to keep track of your kudo-ing: on the most recent posts up front or by going back to the first post a person made and getting through them a little at a time? 

17 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: To Kudo up front ... or backwards from the beginning?

If a person has a lot of stories that you haven't kudosed, I find going backwards from the end is easier, especially if they are actively writing new stories. I just make a little note of the page number where I left off. 

However, I've kudosed all the stories from many users, so now I just try and keep up with the kudos as they write! 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

When you kudo a very recent story, others may be seeing it about the same time, and the writer may not know it was you who liked it, since the notification says simply "XYZ and 5 others..." When you kudo an older story, chances are nobody else may be reading the same one right then. 

Internationally Known

Fully agree with Markr867. I always start from the back and move towards the newer stories. I keep a little spread sheet that tells me where I left off, otherwise it would be hard to keep track. It also makes it easier to evenly reward those who kudo me (I am pretty much aware who they are). It might just take a bit longer until it is someone’s turn but I won’t forget.

The only problem is, that there are often not enough new stories from some of our community friends which obviously limits the number of new kudos they can get. Would love to give more, so keep on writing.

Internationally Known

I agree with Mark and Liketraveling,  the only thing I haven't done the same is keep track of where I have left off on kudos.  I need to start doing that, that's a great idea.  I'm caught up on some and have a ways to go on some of our friends that are generous with kudos.  Unfortunately there are still a lot of members that only like to be on the receiving end of the kudos and don't like sharing the "love."

Internationally Known

I'll take this chance to say thank you to everyone for the great posts. It's great to learn about new places and fun to compare notes with those who have visited places we have traveled to. Giving kudos is the perfect way to show appreciation to everyone's efforts and getting them is always an unexpected surprise.

Did I mention, I absolutely love surprises?

RJean
Internationally Known

I always kudo from the back to the beginning! Then, like most people here seem to be doing, I take note of the page I left off on. Unfortunatey kudos jail seems to kick in before I can get everyeone back, but I make note of that as well. 

Internationally Known

I also kudo from the back to the front. 

Internationally Known

Same here. I think kudoing backward from the end is easier. Like markr867, I have my own little note to track, but I have been active for qutie sometime and I have kudoed all the stories for a lot of members and give kudos as they write.  

Internationally Known

Seems like most people do back to front.  I do that also,  but I keep track and kudo new stories a lot too. I like to see what everyone is up to and have found a lot of good info for my own travels this summer.  I’ve seen a lot of stories for Banff recently and have been making notes about that trip!  The more recent your travels, the more up to date my info is!