cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is why BTC is a fail

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

This is why BTC is a fail

And will  continue to be a fail unless the moderators bite the bullet and agree to limit the number of posts per user.

Typical forum thread on how to game the system

6 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: This is why BTC is a fail

I agree 100%. I've been here a month and I've already seen a lot of abuse, which worries me. Everyone should be limited to 10-15 posts per day.

Nationally Recognized

Agreed, something has to be done.

Stately Explorer

Perhaps rather that a limit of the number of posts per user just a limit on the number of POI's per story. If you read that Reddit post, that is how they are trying to game the system. By adding 25+ POI's and then adding the same POI's to each of their 5 posts per city. 

I love this site because it is brining back memories I forgot about. Looking through my old pictures and trying to remember all the details and place names so I can share them here is so fun! I posted a few of my stories on Twitter and got good responses. It's not just a way to get points, it a way to relive your trips. For that reason I wouldn't want to have a limit on the number of stories I could post but I do understand there must be limits. The ones in place right now, 5 per location I think are good. 

Community Manager

Hi @dreamshark :

Thank you for your comments regarding this post on Reddit. We are aware of this thread and have been monitoring it carefully. It is unfortunate to see this type of behavior, which goes against the spirit of the community, encouraged by other users. We have issued permanent bans to all users identified within the thread and will continue to monitor referring sites that encourage behaviors which violate our Terms of Use.

We have also modified our Community Guidelines and Terms of Use. Barclaycard Travel Community Managers and Moderation Team members reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to remove travel stories and/or permanently ban a Community Member, without warning, who has exhibited behavior inconsistent with the Guidelines and/or Terms of Use.

Internationally Known

OMG....I can't believe the lengths people will go through to get points. People are hiring writers to create stories? That's crazy.

I hope Barclay does a sufficient job of identifying these people and banning them!

City Slicker

Wow - that's outrageous