cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you travel community - it was a great help planning my trip to Iceland

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Thank you travel community - it was a great help planning my trip to Iceland

Just returned from a 12-day road trip across Iceland. It was definitely the best trip I have ever taken !!! Tips about cool places from the community really helped me plan my trip. I got a lot of great information from the stories authored and from the discussion threads by users  -"

6 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Thank you travel community - it was a great help planning my trip to Iceland

Hi @parkhopper, That’s so great to hear— Sounds like you had a fantastic trip! Thanks for sharing your quick tips. Looking forward to reading your Iceland travel stories. Thanks!

Internationally Known

Re: Thank you travel community - it was a great help planning my trip to Iceland

That's fantastic, parkhopper!

I loved Iceland, too. For me, a car rental was not necessary - I used couchsurfing.org and my hosts were adventurous folks who offered to drive everywhere we went. Originally, I went to Iceland on a bit of a business trip, but I returned just to spend more time with that amazing family and have more adventures with them. (It's how I ended up planting trees and sorting sheep!)

I wholeheartedly agree with you to skip the toruist trap of the Blue Lagoon. Not worth the crowds or the cost. I'd rather go to the town swimming pool (each town has one), which also has various hot tubs and a steam room. You can - if you're not skeeved - even rent a bathing suit!

Internationally Known

That is awesome!  We are thinking of going to Iceland in April and I will definitely be using your info and the stories of others to help piece things together!

Internationally Known

Let me know if you need any specific information. We did extensive research on our trip and also helped five other people to plan their Iceland trip after we came back.

Internationally Known

I will also be more than happy to give my two cents on Icelandic trip if you need any specific information. 

Nationally Recognized

This is great info and I wish I had seen it sooner! I also learned the hard way that the Blue Lagoon is a tourist trap, and having only a week to tour and seriously regretting that I spent too much time in Reykjavik. Having camper vanned around, Would love to share any info I have that would help others with their trip.

I also agree with the rental car thing. We got to stop at so many places we would have sped by on a tour bus.

Happy travels, all!