cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You to my Community Friends

Internationally Known

Thank You to my Community Friends

I simply just want to say thank you to all my friends of this great community for their thoughts during the difficult loss of my brother on September 18th.  All of your thoughts and comments of encouragement were all heartfelt and meant a great deal to me.  I know as Im sure many of you know, that words are often hard to find during these times, so every little word helps. It'll take a bit but I'll get back on track.

Thank you,

Jeff

12 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Thank You to my Community Friends

Jeff,

Hope the services went as well as they could have. Glad to have you back and writing; hopefully the community helps distract your thoughts a bit! And maybe planning your next big trip will help as well :) 

Internationally Known

I have to admit, the stories I submitted today were written before my brother’s death, I just hadn’t submitted them.  Now I’ll focus on some new stories.  I did distract my thoughts during this time and gather some new materials for stories.  The service was more like a picnic/BBQ in a park, that is what my brother would have wanted as he wasn’t religious.  The area of Northern CA where he lived, Humboldt County, is a very interesting place.  Let’s just say parts of the county are like stepping back to the 60’s and the “Hippie” time frame.  Quite a few of the people attending were wearing tydye shirts.  My brother once fit that mold but had moved out of it over the years.  

I’ll soon start planning again for our Hawaii trip Nov 29 - Dec 6 this year and our Asia trip next February.  

Thanks Mark

Jeff

Internationally Known

Sorry to hear of your loss. 

Internationally Known

Glad to hear that everything went ok for you yesterday Jeff. The picnic/bbq sounds like a great way to celebrate his life, and I hope for something similar for myself one day to focus on the good times. I can picture the old hippies gathered round, and some good old 60's music playing. Doing some planning for Mai-Tai's and sunshine in Hawaii will definitely help, that's coming up fast, better get on it dog! On my end, I'm planning on turning in my notice next week to jump off into the deep end of early retirement, excited and scared to death at the same time. I'll have to see how the budget holds up for a couple of months before planning any major trips, but we're looking at Portugal for the spring, with possibly a return to Scotland. The wife loved it so much, she wants to go back there and hide out in a little cottage somewhere close to the sea for a few weeks. My only requirement being to be in close proximity to a good distillery, and some bike paths (of course). Hang in there buddy!

Internationally Known

Ed, it was a fun time compared to sitting through a service trying to hold back tears (I’m starting to run out of tears) and I highly recommend retirement.  If your budget allows it is fantastic.  Remember this expression, “Every day is Saturday” when you think about retirement.  HaHaHa!  Hopefully after my wife retires we will be able to take longer trips and visit by land so we will have the opportunity to see more and stay in locations longer.  We love cruises but we are limited on the time we have to visit locations.  For now they work to squeeze more into the vacation time my wife has.

Scotland and Ireland are still on my “spend more time there” bucket list.  We enjoyed the limited time but we want to explore more.  We have toooooooo much on our bucket list.  I have to keep earning all different types of points so our budget will allow us to cross some places off the list.  Like, I can’t remember who did the story, did a story showing the trip spread sheet of how they used points to pay for their vacation, I am planning on a similar story after our Asia trip because we are at $0 out of pocket so far.  That is with air, hotel, cruise and three excursions paid for so far.  This is a great hobby and it helps pass time in retirement and writing stories keeps the mind working.

Internationally Known

My family and I are sorry to hear of the loss of your brother.  We shall keep your family in our thoughts.

Internationally Known

This community has been so supportive throughout these last few weeks. Between Gefe losing his brother and me losing my father, there has definitely been some sharing of grief and support.

Take your time, Gefe, but we are sure glad to see you back on here.

Internationally Known

This site is a great diversion for me.  It makes me think of many different things and takes my mind off of my brother.  Plus, even though we don’t really know each other personally I feel a great sense of friendship and support.  

Im in kudos jail, sorry

Internationally Known

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there.