cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious Activity

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Suspicious Activity

Anyone notice there are some accounts that don't post stories, but provide an unusually large number of kudos to just a single user? May be legit, but strange at the least.  I ran across this lately, ya'll might want to send it to the mods if you see it happening for them to investigate. It bothers me because I like this community and want to help keep it running clean and smooth.

4 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Suspicious Activity

I’ll pay closer attention.  I have no problem reporting to the moderators if I see something that’s not up to snuff. 

Nationally Recognized

Yup I've noticed this as well. Will keep the mods posted.

Internationally Known

@ED4000: wonder how you figured this out? Where can you see who provides kudos and who doesn't? And to whom? Interesting stuff...if this is happening what you described then it sounds very fishy to me. Basically, somebody opens fake accounts to give kudos to him/herself? Would assume Barclays' system would flag stuff like this. Thanks for pointing this out!

Internationally Known

It was accidental. I got 1 kudo from a "city slicker" I'd not heard of, and went to their profile to see what their stories looked like. Profiles show their activity.  They had no stories, and other than the one kudo to me, there were tons to another user. Watched it a few days our of curiosity and saw no one else getting kudos except for the same user. I sent info to mods to investigate. Not sure why they kudoed me unless it was accidental. But I could be wrong and be jumping to conclusions, they might just really like that person's stories....i guess...