cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion from Community Member to Barclay

Highlighted
County Wise

Suggestion from Community Member to Barclay

@kontemplerande mentioned (in the middle of a different thread) a suggestion to fix overcluttering of a single user's posts on the homepage and I was thinking the same thing is needed.  As a suggestion, I was thinking this might be a possible way to allow users to post multiple stories without monopolizing the homepage.

BarclaySuggestion.jpg

12 Replies
Nationally Recognized

Re: Suggestion from Community Member to Barclay

You rock, @jimmeekay! Not only is it a great suggestion, I'm trying to figure out how on earth you whipped up that beatiful mockup of the "new" homepage format. Maybe there's a job for you at BTC (Barclay's Travel Community).

City Slicker

Hi @Jimmeekay . This is such a great idea and thank you for putting together such a nice mockup. I am going to send this along to our tech team,including your mockup:), to see if they can add something similar. Thanks for the great feedback!

Internationally Known

This is awesome! Great mocking, I love it!

Internationally Known

good work!

County Wise

Jimmeekay,

This is awesome and great timing. We're in the middle of working on the next set of BarclaycardTravel.com features and we've sent this along to the digital experts who have worked on this site behind the scenes.

I think this is an elegant way to solve an issue we been discussing, so again, perfect timing and thanks.

Jared

Nationally Recognized

That would be SO great! I hope it happens. It'd make it easier to read stories from a variety of posters.
Internationally Known

OK, so I'm being really dumb here, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to start a new question or thread ....... so I am asking how here in the "reply" to some other thread. I'm sure these questions have been asked before, sorry. So I really have two questions, the first is are participation miles the same as miles earned for using your card, or are they somehow different. And the other thing I was wondering about is this. I am a new member and thoughtfully put together my first travl story with lots of pictures and over 500 word description, and then I see this guy posting about 40 seperate stories in one day about some abandoned gold mine in Alaska, ecah story has one picture of the same mine and each story has the bare just over 50 word minimum. So am I wasting my time for trying to "make an interesting travel story", am I naive about the whole point of this travel community, or is this site really all about posting as often as possible just to earn the miles, interesting stories be damned? I mean really, how many people want to see 40 different stories about one old dilapitated building in Alaska with one picture each.

Nationally Recognized

@kauaiHawaiiGuy: To post a new thread, start in one of the discussion topics (e.g., "Barclaycard Travel Community" and click on the bright green box labeled "Start a conversation." in the upper right quadrant of the page.

Yes, the miles you earn for travel participation are the same miles you earn by spending on the Barclay card. However, the mechanism for the miles to get counted up and transferred into your Rewards Balance is slow and complicated, and not at all well explained. First you should see your travel rewards building up day by day on the Barclay Travel Community site. At some point (weeks later, I gather), these miles get transferred to the Rewards Balance on your linked card. I haven't seen the transfer happen yet, but I have faith.

As for your third comment - EXCELLENT QUESTION. Please repost that topic as your first "Conversation." It's not fair to hijack this very specific thread with such a big and important topic. 

I'm going to go look at your stories now. I'm always looking for folks who are seriously trying to post interesting travel stories rather than just rack up points. I'll happily kudo you if you'll kudo me (assuming you like my stories, of course). I spend time on my stories and always post more than the minimum.

Internationally Known

Well thank you for the reply and suggestions ...... and I'd ve happy to kudo your stories as well (assuming I like yhem that is .....LOL). Looking forward to reading your past stories. We just got back from a three day drip and will share some of our adventures ...... wasn't much but it is what it is.