cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story Deleted without explanation

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: Story Deleted without explanation

Welcome aboard Zle1016! I can't add to the conversation, as my experiences have been the same as everyone else, it is one of the few frustrations regarding the site.  Good luck and we look forward to reading about your travels.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Yes, welcome aboard! It's always nice to see new people join the community, especially now since the Arrival card has been discontinued. I think you'll like it here and hopefully your travel bucket list is already expanding.

Regarding the disappearing stories, it seems like Jeff has always been in the hardest (sorry, Jeff), but I do what the others have suggested - copy and paste the text to clipboard, at least until I'm sure the story has stuck.

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Thank you all!

I can't believe I've had this card so long and never bothered to actually see what this travel community was all about.

My Barclay card is definitely my go-to travel card. Especially for international travel. Now I can get small rewards for sharing some awesome places?! Definitely going to keep sharing to keep this community going!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Welcome!  Sorry for the problems, but I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. My bucket list gets longer every day!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I know what you mean.  I joined in November 2014 but didn't post my first story until November 2018.  I missed out on a lot of fun.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Knock on wood Mark, it seems rare now for me.  I guess I over worked that glitch.  HaHaHa!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I'm curious if those who have had this happen have been able to track the impact, if any, on their points. Did the points post for you both for the entry that was deleted and then again for the replacement one? Did the deleted one still count against the five story limit for a given location? I understand that not everyone tracks those things very closely, but it would be interesting if anyone could comment. 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Srdshelly2, I can only answer part of your question.  Some of the stories that I had disappear had already received kudos.  I'm not positive if those kudos disappeared or not, but a few of my stories I did receive the 150 points and story count.  As for counting towards the 5 story limit, I don't know.  Fortunately it seems to be a rare occasion for me now.  

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

I thought the same thing! But it's hard to track without lots of effort to audit everything if I still got the kudos from the previous post.

I do know that random lost in content is like having to return a purchased product. Do you put the effort in rewritting? Most merchants would say people get lazy and do not bother to return products. That's money saved for the merchant. Maybe they've played that same concept into these "random" deletions.

Before my story got deleted I went from city slicker to county wise. Upon deletion I lost the badge and title. I had to repost to get it back. I do know I lost points in not re-entering some details because it just took too much effort to do it again. A win for the merchant.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Welcome to the community!  Like everyone else said, this happens from time to time and it does seem to give you an inaccurate count on your profile page. I also write my stories in word and then copy and paste into the website because not only do some get deleted, sometimes there is a page error and you will lose your story as you are writing it ( happens more often if you get up from the computer to do something and leave the story on the step 1 page for too long).  I also keep a spreadsheet that lists where I've done stories for and how many per city so I am more likely to see when a story has disappeared. Once you've written a lot of stories, it comes in handy.