cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story Deleted without explanation

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Story Deleted without explanation

So I recently wrote a story about a snowmobiling experience in South Lake Tahoe, but then it got deleted.

I know it posted because it already had kudos and views.

I stated the excursion group, put the link and location and gave a pretty good description of the experience.

Was I so enthusiastic and descriptive that they just assumed it was an ad? Isn't the point of a story to explain your experience and share where the experience came out of?

or do stories just disappear sporadically sometimes?

22 Replies
Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Re: Story Deleted without explanation

Just reposted. Not the same written content because I didn't save my words from the previous post. :(

But we'll see if this one sticks.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Welcome aboard! Once in awhile a story gets randomly deleted for some reason. It only happens on occasion, and it does not seem to be based on content. It has happened to many of us once or twice. Don't take it personally - it was probably a computer that did it not a human. If you repost your story, it should stay up.

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Thanks for the reassurance!

I'll have to remember to save my content on notes or something to avoid lost content next time.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

As BelfryBat related, it's been quite common in the past and has happened to most of us at some time or another with no specific cause found yet. Many of us, including me, try to remember to copy it to wordpad or something to keep from having to recreate and retype it in case it doesn't "stick" . If it's going to happen, from my experience it's pretty quickly after being posted. I've never seen an older story disappear after say 10 minutes of staying posted, something like that. My experience anyways, anyone else have older ones disappear?

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Yes, that is a good plan especially for a particularly long story. I will often write out my long stories in advance, but write my short ones on the fly.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I can only recall having one of mine disappear. I think it was only up for maybe 30 seconds or so. This makes me think it was just a computer glitch as opposed to a removal for violation of a usage agreement.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Zle1016,  I was getting very frustrated when I first started posting stories.  I had quite a few stories disappear.  I write all my stories in a word document and copy it to my story here.  I save everything for a while just in case.  It has saved me from having to recreate the storie that disappear.  I also put my pictures in different folders for each story.  It May seem like extra work but it has saved me more than once.  I looked at your profile and you are showing 4 stories but your count says 5 stories written.  I went through that as well.  Don't let it deter you from writing stories just do something to save your narratives in case it happens more in the future.  

I'll add this little bit of advice, the more you kudo you will receive more in return.  There are some really good and generous members of our community.  The Moderators are very helpful but not always swift with responses.  They are busy people.  Kudos to them.  

Jeff

Highlighted
Internationally Known

PS.  There are a lot of helpful people in our community.  If you have questions someone here might have an answer.  

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Thank you for the advise!

learning quick from everyone :)