cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stories Disappearing

Internationally Known

Re: Stories Disappearing

I agree with the flights thing!  It is an important part of travel. The same goes with airports. I have gotten some really valuable information about airports from this community that I would use during future travel. 

Internationally Known

I understand the frustration. This happened to me a few months back as I was entering story details and when the page refreshed my story disappeared. I started to copy and paste the story so I don't have to retype everything again.

Internationally Known

I really enjoy reading about flights and airports on here. I find some of the tips to be very beneficial. (Ie, airport X is much less crowded and much easier to navigate then airport Y). As an occasional flyer instead of a frequent one, I find such tips to be very useful for the times when I do fly.

I what apply the same thought to localized or regional restaurant chains and drives. It is nice to have first hand information about certain restaurants to eat at or certain highways to avoid.

One reason why I like this community so much is the information on here goes beyond the usual tourist traps and big attractions. If there is a cool place or landmark to check out, I always want to know about it even if it's just a 5-minute stop. This community takes me beyond just the the Eiffel Tower, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Alamo, the Golden Gate Bridge, and other world famous landmarks that I can read about anywhere on the internet.

Internationally Known

My stories seem to be disappearing this morning.... anyone else having this issue?

Internationally Known

I just watched your Tropic Air story disappear markr867 !  I was interested in that because we had such a similar great experience on our trip to AC. I read the story, then went off to find my Tropic Air pics from our trip, then came back and poof! it was gone! I've had it happen often enough that I've slowly trained myself to copy and paste the story into wordpad after writing it before posting as a backup.

Internationally Known

Glad you can verify that I’m not crazy, Ed! I’m definitely going to start copying my stories to note pad.

Community Manager

Hi all! 

We are opening a ticket to look into this issue. Can you please comment below outlining exactly what stories are not appearing for you, the date and time if possible you posted them, and any additional details you think may be helpful. 

Thank you! 

Nationally Recognized

I just wrote a story this morning about Montjuic Castle, got a couple kudos and when I checked the travel stories a few minutes ago, poof, my story is gone.  I checked my profile and same thing.  I guess I will have to try and duplicate it another time.  I’m disappointed.  

Nationally Recognized

The kudos disappeared too!  They aren’t in my profile either.  ?????

Internationally Known

I am not sure what exactly triggers "automatic" process deleting stories, but I have experienced a few times including a story I was trying to post tonight. This time, I finished writing and click posting, but mysteriously it was completely gone. Again, I mistaknely did not copy my story, so I need to re-write it. There was no offensive or sensitive words in the story. I am just curious what is going on...