cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stories Disappearing

Internationally Known

Stories Disappearing

I just had two stories totally disapear from my page like I never wrote them - this was after I had already gotten a couple of kudos for them. There is literally no trace of them. A couple of the stories had similar wording in the titles so I'm wondering if they were flagged, but this was because there was a theme, not because I was trying to recycle stories. I'm a little frustrated. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. 

27 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Stories Disappearing

Make that three stories. I'm a little stumped by the third one since there is no reason it should have been flagged. Super frustrating that my stories disappear and can't be kudoed. 

County Wise

It's definitely a bug.  This has happened to me like 3-4 times now.  After the first 2 times, I learned my lesson and now always copy/paste the story to notepad before final submission, just in case it disappears!

Internationally Known

Just happened to me like 2 minutes ago, 2nd time this week. Of course both times I forgot to copy first. Weird too that when you go back to redo the story, the title is still in memory, but the story is gone "poof" !

Internationally Known

I wonder.....since it has the pop up after finishing the picture that says you've been awarded the 150 travel story points... if the points are there even if the story has disappeared...hmmnn.

Internationally Known

I don't think so because if you check the statistics under the stories authored you will notice either one of the two: the story's credit has been deleted, or a credit hasn't been given. It happened to me a few times as well throughout the past week.  Very frustrating.

Internationally Known

Yes, I've now starting copying or writing my stories in a Word doc first so that I have a copy. Lesson learned!

Internationally Known

What were the stories about?  An admin did  a blog post a while ago about making sure that we aren't doing stories on certain things that are not allowed in the community. I've never noticed that your stories don't meet the guidelines, so this is just an idea...  Here is what they put:

Irrelevant content examples include: descriptions of your visit to chain restaurants and coffee shops, stores, airports, flights, drives, sights passed on the way to a destination, rest stops, and other similar every day experiences.

and here is the full blog post:  https://www.barclaycardtravel.com/t5/Travel-Blog/A-Message-from-our-Moderators-Irrelevant-and-Repeti...

I don't think that anyone would have flagged any of your stories (I thoroughly enjoy reading about your travels!) and it very well could just be a problem. I've never had any disappear before, but I've gotten error messages after doing a story and then I've had to redo it.  I really hope that you find an answer to your problem :) 

County Wise

I think excluding flights is in poor taste, since it's an important part of the journey and experiences can vary widely between airlines and plane types.  This is especially true for premium economy, business, and first class experiences. Just my 2 cents!

Internationally Known

Thanks! One story was about visiting the stingrays in Grand Cayman and the two others were about doing “non-beach activities” (Mastic Trail and Crystal Caverns). The stingray story is just a mystery but I wondered if I triggered something bu using the same phrase “non-beachy activities” in my titles (stories, pictures, activities both totally different). I just reposted with different titles and it was fine. 

A few months ago I tried to post a story about running into a protest at Rehoboth Beach where someone was dressed as a giant marijuana leaf. The post was certainly not about doing drugs, but I guess just the mention was enough to take it down, lol. I kind of understood that one