cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stories Authored Count in Profile

Internationally Known

Stories Authored Count in Profile

Hi All,

The "Stories Authored" count on my profile page does not match the number of stories I have written (seen on my profile). Anyone else encountering this issue? Is the "Stories Authored" count on my profile page updated periodically like every 'x' hours a day?

7 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Stories Authored Count in Profile

I'm not exactly sure how it works, it sometimes seems to lag for a few minutes in general, sometimes a few hours. But mine always catches up and displays the correct number eventually. At least now that the big issues have cleared up since the Dec-Jan troubles. btw, i'm enjoying your great stories!

Nationally Recognized

@Ed4000 wrote:

I'm not exactly sure how it works, it sometimes seems to lag for a few minutes in general, sometimes a few hours. But mine always catches up and displays the correct number eventually. At least now that the big issues have cleared up since the Dec-Jan troubles. btw, i'm enjoying your great stories!

Yup! Same here. My story count can lag a little too, but it catches up from time to time. 

Internationally Known

Maybe I am wrong but it seems to me that as soon as your new story gets a kudo, the number adjusts 

Internationally Known

I have noticed that the timing can vary quite a bit. Sometimes the count catches up almost instantaneously. Sometimes it happens overnight. Usually the count catches up within an hour or two.

Internationally Known

Thank you everyone for your prompt comments. Guess its just a game of patience :)

Btw, I joined this community only last month & already loving it .The passion you all share for travel & travel experiences is great. Reading all your stories have given me more inspiration for future trips. Keep them coming!!

Nationally Recognized

Glad to see this thread here. Usually I would say that my stories authored update almost instantaneously, but mine seems to be lagging. I am a little anxious because I *think* if I'm correct this with be my 200th story;)

Internationally Known

If I remember correctly the stories have to be approved first then added to you count.  I may not be using the correct term but I read something to that affect.  My story number is always and has been a couple stories ahead because I’ve had a few just totally disappear that I had already received credit for.  But like Ed said, at least the major problems from Dec-Jan have been fixed.  A little lag time is acceptable for me at least.