cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So really?

Internationally Known

Re: So really?

Interestingly enough, I am getting ready to spend a full week at the DoubleTree in El Paso, Texas. I am really looking forward to the breakfast now that I am a new Gold Member (upgraded from Silver a couple weeks ago).

I am still planning on going with a group of about 20 of us to Juarez, Mexico. If I am lucky, I might get to write a story about a margarita at the Kentucky Club.

Internationally Known

BelfryBat, congrats on the promotion to Gold.  When I upgraded my Hilton Ascend card to the Aspire card I went from Gold to Diamond.  I love Hilton owned hotels.  Our stay is just one night for a quick get away.  The hotel is less than an hour away but it’s still nice to get away.  We’re gonna go by the State Capitol on our way.  I was going to go by the CA Highway Patrol Museum also but it’s closed on the weekend.  I’ll just have to make that trip another day, it’s been a while since I visited it.  

Internationally Known

You crack me up, Ed4000. Looking forward to the waffle iron story. 

You too gefe57, if your Double Tree free breakfast inspires you to write. go for it!

BelfryBat, You are right about the variety of interests here, I’m learning a lot too from everyone. 

Internationally Known

I think that @victoriapa hit the nail on the head. I do find myself checking out more stuff that I would not have noticed in the past, since reading the stories in this community - yes, I'm talking about bridges @belfrybat :)  I personally love old churches, weird doors, and war museums and I write about them as well. 

We travel a lot as a family and honestly, one of the things that I look for when traveling is a free breakfast - with the kids it is a must and I do check it out when booking a hotel. I also go to this community for information on airports, hotels and restaurants when we travel. 

We have to give people the benefit of the doubt and maybe that person just isn't a great writer. Not all of us are (including myself)

Internationally Known

Kranzie10, I like it!  Very good comments.  There is some benefit in almost every story for one or more of the community members.  

Internationally Known

Thanks Gefe. I hit gold status the easy way. The extra points are going to be very nice, but the free breakfast was the real perk.

Internationally Known

I hit Diamond the easy way also, with the Aspire card.  I’ve already gotten more than the $450 AF so it’s more than worth it.  Just two statement credits, Southwest and Hilton Resorts, was $500 back, and then more in other benefits.  My stay a couple weeks ago at the Embassy Suites was a free annual weekend night.  Plus 14 points per $ at Hilton owned hotels, that includes my timeshare.  If you’re a Hilton fan I highly recommend the aspire card and.  

Internationally Known

Okay, I'm softening a bit on the free breakfasts. But not on the lack of content of said free breakfast story.  And I will give them the benefit of the doubt, because maybe writing is not their forte. (But if they are a struggling writer, they sure were able to crank out a lot of stories in a very short amount of time that day.)  But, I see everyone’s point about the variety of things people are interested in. I also love old churches, doors, bridges and stuff like that and some people could probably care less and wonder why in the heck I’m writing about an abandoned church. (I haven’t done that story yet, but thanks for the idea!) Soooo, I will stop being the free breakfast police as long as the story has content. :) 

Internationally Known

Trips4me, HaHaHa!  I like abandoned churches, bridges, tunnels, all kinds of things.  I know who you’re talking about.