cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So really?

Internationally Known

Re: So really?

I have a slighly different perspective.  There are all kinds of travellers out there and we all enjoy different things.  For example, some like cruises, some like parks, some like art museums. So if you not a "cruise person", you can argue that all cruise stories are irrelevant and content can be found in other places.  As long as stories cover some travelling aspect, whether it is food, hotels, destinations, they will be found by someone who can potentially benefit or enjoy reading them.  In other words, I see value of this website in the diversity of the content.  Just my opinion...My wish list is to have better search options to be able to see all stories written about a specific area on the map. This will make this website more usefull.

Internationally Known

Victoria_pa, Good response.  I agree that anything travel is worth writing about.  Sure not everyone will have an interest in everything written but each member can chose what they want or don’t want to read or kudo.  Better search ability would be nice as well.  

Nationally Recognized

@victoria_pa, I understand what you are saying and I wasn’t arguing that free-breakfasts are irrelevant, but free-breakfast stories with very little or absolutely no content are not helpful, that’s all.   I took it out on free-breakfasts, but my bigger issue was the quantity vs. quality issue. 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Agree with victoria_pa...And occasionally we develop a whole new line of interest...aren’t we all much more into bridges and tunnels thanks to BelfryBat? Who knows, maybe it will be breakfast at some point? Or planes thanks to Stormtroopin2’s plane spotting stories? I am personally not into planes (although I have flown well over 2 million miles), breakfasts and cruise ships (not sure I could handle the crowds) but I still appreciate stories about all of that, shows me what I am missing (great pics Gefe57) or maybe not so much (can’t help it but I still find planes so boring, design has not changed much since the 50s...riding on a bus while looking out of the window sounds much more exciting to me, sorry). Bottom line for me is that this travel community is exciting, I get a lot of new ideas (Botticelli must be a lucky guy, he’s been all over the place) and as Ed4000 said, we learn a lot about the places we have been to. And this community board makes all a bit more lively :-) Thx Barclays!

Nationally Recognized

Just so you all know I’m changing my name from trips4me to nofreebreakfasts.  :)  Bring on the free breakfast stories, but I might just flag ya. kidding.  I might even challenge myself to write a story about free breakfasts... If only I had taken some pictures!  

Internationally Known

I like your style trips4me/nofreebreakfasts. why do i suddenly feel the compulsion to be a smart a$$ and write a few free breakfast stories? probably like you though, I have so few pictures. you can bet the next place I stay, I'll look like an idiot but I'm taking shots of the waffle iron and egg beaters just for you!  Of course lovely wife will love that ;) In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure I saw the story that set you off, and it was a little over the line I thought as well.

Internationally Known

Here! Here!  Liketraveling that was very well said.  This is community has a very diverse mixture of travel interests and we can learn from each other.  Since reading stories and looking at pictures in this community I have added to my bucket list.  👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Internationally Known

Lol!  Bring it on!  

Internationally Known

Funny, I have been noticing the increase of bridge stories on here lately. I hope that people are enjoying my bridge and tunnel stories.

As a person navigates this community, you certainly learn a lot about different members and their diverse interests. Some folks like historical sites, some folks like beaches, some folks like to evaluate accommodations, some folks like their upscale five star attractions, some folks like to go camping and get away from it all. I learn a lot from everybody on here.

Internationally Known

BelfryBat, you got that right and it's fun to see how a topic in a conversation like this one changes as it goes on.  By the way, when I took the pictures of the old train trestle I thought about you and your stories that's why I had to mention you. I've been noticing others being mentioned in stories lately.  I think it's pretty cool.  So on that note, Trips4me maybe you might get mentioned in a breakfast story.  Hahahahaha!  I have a free breakfast coming up on Sunday at Double Tree in Sacramento but I promise unless it is absolutely unforgetable I'll eat without taking pictures.