cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sideways Pictures

Internationally Known

Sideways Pictures

Recently, when I post a story with an image that is horizontally oriented, the pic shows up sideways on the site.  I don't see a way to edit the orientation but am hoping someone can offer a suggestion.  This is a new issue for me. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

7 Replies
Nationally Recognized

Re: Sideways Pictures

I have had success downloading the picture on a desktop/laptop and then renaming it. If I fail to rename the picture once it is downloaded the picture will not post with the correct orination. I hope this helps!

Internationally Known

Thanks for the tip.  This worked but it's still a new problem for me. Weird!

Internationally Known

That’s been a big problem for a lot of story writers.  When one of my pictures come out sideways or upside down I have started editing the story, delete the picture and then edit the picture by trying different rotations until it comes out right after I have added the picture back to the story.  It’s more work but better for the story.  I still don’t know how to keep the pictures from being cut off.  I’ve tried different croppings of the picture and have had a little luck but still not satisfied.  

Internationally Known

I posted about this a bit ago and I think the response was about the same.  You just have to try a few things if you want it to correct.  Windows, Mac, phones, instagram, facebook all automatically sense which way it should be and fix it but that does not translate to barclays for some reason.

Internationally Known

I haven't had it happen a lot, but when I do, the fastest thing for me to do is post the pic to my facebook (with setting for the post to be seen by "only me"), then immediately click on the pic, right click, and "save image as" to my downloads folder, then upload that copy to my story. This also works for pics that are too large for the story pic uploader to manage, as facebook automatically downsizes them. Works every time and it's fast, you can delete the facebook post (which no one sees anyway) if and when you like.

Internationally Known

No Facebook here, I'll just keep trying other ways. That'sa good tip though for if I ever decide to get facebook.  Tried it and Linkedin once but didn't like it.

@Ed4000 wrote:

I haven't had it happen a lot, but when I do, the fastest thing for me to do is post the pic to my facebook (with setting for the post to be seen by "only me"), then immediately click on the pic, right click, and "save image as" to my downloads folder, then upload that copy to my story. This also works for pics that are too large for the story pic uploader to manage, as facebook automatically downsizes them. Works every time and it's fast, you can delete the facebook post (which no one sees anyway) if and when you like.

Internationally Known

This problem seems to have fixed itself for me.  I haven't had to edit pics for a few days now.  Just a glitch I guess, which is bound to happen!  Hope others are having better luck too.