cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorted Participation Miles

Internationally Known

Shorted Participation Miles

I just got my Barclays statement and checked out how many Participation Miles were credited to my account.  Early in the mornings of the first of each month I take a screen shot of my travel community totals to keep track of the beginning balance of each month.  That way I have a good idea of how many miles should be credited to my credit card account.  Well it’s been pretty close every month until September.  I was shorted 1,690 miles deposited into my credit card account.  I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue for September.  

12 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Shorted Participation Miles

Mine has always been close - within 250 points plus or minus, although I haven't checked this month. 

I do remember someone saying that the points from the last day of the month, sometimes go on the next months. For example, your kudos and any stories written on September 30th may go on the next month, if that makes sense. Perhaps that could count for the discrepancy?

Internationally Known

Jeff, I do the same thing you do - I write down my lifetime total on the 1st of each month, and then subtract that from what I end up with on the 1st of the following month to get a rough total of what I should see on my card. Usually, it is very close, and I've chalked that up to what @trips4me said, maybe the cutoff isn't exactly 12AM EST on the 1st? Is it possible you wrote a lot of stories late in the day on the last day of the month and they weren't counted yet?

Internationally Known

I know this is off topic, but it seems that I am not being allowed to give 100 kudos a day. This has been going on for the last few days, although I have not been keeping track, but I'm almost certain. Anyone else experiencing this?

Internationally Known

The mods have confirmed that kudos do NOT reset every night at midnight, but it is a 24 hour rolling period. So if you give 50 kudos at 1PM, and 50 at 2PM, you can't give any until 1PM the next day when they start "rolling off". Maybe that is causing your issue?

Internationally Known

I always post my stories early in the day.  I can understand being off a little bit like in the past but not 1,690 points.  Oh well, I'll keep plugging along.  I can only do 1 story today unless I find a place that has power and internet.  Our illustrious power company thaought it woud be wise to shut off over 1,000,000 people's power because we are supposed to have some wind the next few days.  My hotspot on my phone allows me to get internet on my laptop but it is slower than a tortise.  My iPad is faster but my pictures are on my laptop.  I'm sure it would take too long to email the pics to myself (i'll give it a try before I run out of battery on my laptop.

Internationally Known

It's possible, Mark. I was aware of the 24-rolling period, but it seems something else is going on. In any case, I'm going to pay more attention now to how many kudos I give and when. Thanks for the reply.

Internationally Known

Gefe57,  Hope you get your points next month.... that is several stories worth of points to lose!  

I read about the power outage, yikes!  I've tried using a hotspot for stories before...yep, too slow! 

Internationally Known

Trips4me,  I decided to go to Starbucks and use their Wifi but as luckwould have it their Wifi isn't working.  I think they must have turned it off so people wouldn't spend too long here.  It took forever to post the last three stories and I didn't even use all the pictures.  I'm calling it quits on stories for today unless by some mirical the power at home comes back on.  Yes, that is like not writing sotires for a day or so. 

Internationally Known

@Gefe57, kudos to all the efforts undertaken to post a few stories!! It is sometimes amazing how much energy we actually spend on this community site. Still love it though, hope it remains that way. (keep us in the loop if the meeting with you and Ed4000 worked out in the end, would make a great story!!)

The points you missed seem like a lot, would send an email to barclaycardtravel@barclaycardus.com, they can check the right balance I assume.

Also keep in mind that kudos for comments don't give you a dime, only kudos for stories.