cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating Pictured for Stories?

Highlighted
County Wise

Rotating Pictured for Stories?

Hi all! I'm new here, but a quick search didn't show me any info on this topic... Sometimes my uploaded pictures for a story are upside down or sideways. They were correctly oriented on my computer, and I tried flipping them on the computer prior to uploading but they still come out wrong in the Story tool. Do you have any advice for me? I looked for a rotate/edit button in the tool but haven't seen any.
6 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Rotating Pictured for Stories?

Do you use an iPhone? If so, give up. I gave up a long time ago and only upload landscape photos to save myself the headache. 

County Wise

Haha no I'm on android, but was experiencing the issue on my desktop computer! So far haven't had the issue with my android uploads yet, but I'm sure time will tell as I make more stories...
Internationally Known

What I do is open/rotate/save photos in a separate program in a computer before posting. That solves the problem, but this make photos not fully displayable. I wish there is a simple click button we can use to rotate photos in the website.

Community Manager

Hi @jwidick, here is a Community discussion thread noting on rotating pictures, let us know if this helps!

Stately Explorer

Yep, that is a winning post! Thank you!

Internationally Known

Microsoft Paint is an old standby, but it might be your answer here. Open the image in Paint, click save, and then upload it. I have had this problem on other websites, so I have just gotten into the habit of doing it automatically now.