cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Guidelines and Terms of Use

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Questions about Guidelines and Terms of Use

We've created this thread to collect and consolidate community questions and feedback about out Community Guidelines, Terms of Use and Terms and Conditions for Miles Participation. You're welcome to post your questions here! Please know it may take us a little while to follow up with a response as the replies in this thread are subject to internal review. 

82 Replies
Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Error in Terms and Conditions

Upon termination of Member's registration or closure of their Barclaycard Ring MasterCard for any reason, all Miles earned on the Site are lost, regardless of how they were acquired by Member.

I think they meant to put Barclaycard Arrival MasterCard ;)

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Error in Terms and Conditions

Thanks @Emeritus! We've fixed the error now. :)

Jen

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Abuse

I would agree. This type of "story telling," a few random words used as a "description" or single sentences with little content/context, does not adhere to our Community Guidelines. Stories that lack significant amount of detail will be deleted.

"Barclaycard, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to pull down travel stories that do not adhere to the community guidelines or are not good faith efforts to provide quality content for Users of the Site."

For great tips on writing stories with detail that are informative, view blog post here. We're here because we all love travel, let's make sure we collectively benefit from sharing our stories. :)

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Agreed. Some stories can be told in few words, and some just can't! I just posted one recently about a hike I did in the Swiss Alps where I got lost on the trail.... and I couldn't type it short even when i tried, haha!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Also some people I noticed are posting like 25 stories a day, which is not possible!  its fristrating when I post a story and then it instantly is on the 3rd page in 5 minutes!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @drw219 Yes, we're working on modifying the home page so the home page stories offer a greater variety. Thanks for your feedback! We're listening to everyone's ideas and have many plans on making improvements to the site! :)

Highlighted
City Slicker

can you also make it so the homepage shows a max number of posts per user? I hate coming on to see one guy monopolize the community with 15 posts on the home page. I havent even tried posting anything yet because those few people post so much garbage everyday clog up the community. 

Highlighted
County Wise

Stories now require minimum of words in the description before posting

**UPDATE 10/28/2015**
THE DESCRIPTION IN YOUR TRAVEL STORY MUST NOW CONTAIN AT LEAST 100 WORDS.

We've made a change in the Barclaycard Travel community. Now to earn 150 miles for posting a travel story, the description in your story must contain at least 50 words. We did this solely to ensure that people who are exploring the site and reading the stories are getting enough value from their visit.

We are thrilled with the stories we've received so far and are impressed with how these stories highlight the many unique and amazing places in this world of ours. I've been very inspired by reading many of your stories and look forward to building this collection of traveling experiences.

If you have any questions or concerns, I've set up this discussion thread to address those.

Thanks and happy storytelling!

Jared

Update 4/11/2014:

We have made a few changes to how Participation Miles are earned in our travel stories area. Please read our blog that provides greater detail on this change.

In summary, the changes effective 4/11/2014 are as follows:

• You will earn 150 miles for telling a travel story
  • Each detail added to a travel story using the map will earn 10 miles per detail
  • Up to five (5) travel stories can be posted for an individual City, State, Country.

As usual, please let us know your thoughts and if you have any questions we’ll be happy to address them.

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Re: Stories now require 50 words in the description before posting

Glad to see you doing this!