cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about points updating

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Question about points updating

What time do the points normally update from the previous day?  What is time cut-off for points to update the next day?  I have noticed not all points received one day update the next day.  It seems I might be missing a few but I can't tell because during that long recent stretch of points not updating, I gained a rank, and no one tells you what the surprise points are for ranking up.  So even though I've been keeping track I've seen some discrepancies and can't be sure where I am standing.

9 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Question about points updating

Earlier they used to send an email everyday summarizing previous days activity and points earned. For some reason, they have stopped it in the last couple of months. 

Nationally Recognized

I remember those emails.  Those made it much easier to track miles earned/posted each day.  And everything posted one day updated the next day.  Now it seems there is a split depending on time posted.  If an item is posted too late in the evening, it seems it doesn't update the next day.  That's why I was asking about times.

City Slicker

question for that question, hehe, so, the profile only shows the lifetime miles earned, and those have been allocated periodically and should be noted on the statements? in other words, those miles are non redeemable, just for looks.

Nationally Recognized

jehperu wrote:

question for that question, hehe, so, the profile only shows the lifetime miles earned, and those have been allocated periodically and should be noted on the statements? in other words, those miles are non redeemable, just for looks.

It is a means to track each months points before they transfer to your card also. A way to double check that you are getting proper credit for the stories you are posting and kudos receiving. Right now I am seeing a discrepancy between my records of this months activy and my lifetime miles, which is why I asked the question.

Stately Explorer

On most days, my points seem to update about 2 p.m. Central Time. On some days they don't update at all even if I have been active. Then all of a sudden my points will come in after 2 or 3 Day delay. Usually however I can count on a roughly 2 p.m. update.
Nationally Recognized

I noticed that 2pm central time one day when I was actively transcribing my activity log.  That was the only day I was sure of a time.  I've also noticed a lapse from time to time. Thanks for the verification.

Community Manager

Hi @Reighn9 we have reviewed your activity for this month and your lifetime miles are tracking accurately, the total on your profile matches our check on the back end.

Please feel free to reach out to the travel community mailbox BarclaycardTravel@barclaycardus.com if you have any questions or would like a view of your activity. 

Thanks! 

Nationally Recognized

Thank you I may do that to view my activity against my my records once I check again.  Also gaining and unknown amount of points for going up in rank during the non-point posting period made it difficult for me to fully track mine.

Community Manager

Re: Re: Question about points updating

Hi @parkhopper, our platform experienced a technical issue and as a result we had to disabled the "Daily Participation Miles" email to perform various tests. The technical issue has been resolved and we’re currently working to activate the email feature again soon. We’ll send an update to the community as soon it’s turned back on. If you have any additional questions, please let us know. Thanks!