cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting pictures

Internationally Known

Posting pictures

I have seen a couple people post pictures in a format that I am not familiar with.  To Ed4000, for example, when you post a  picture you have four viewable on the main page now.  Can you tell us how to do that? I think that is so cool!!!! 

7 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Posting pictures

@dyrd1955, I don't recall what Ed4000 used but WhatsApp lets you put together a collage of up to 6 pictures (as far as I can remember). We use this feature frequently for profile pics or just to memorize special events such as concerts etc. You can upload them like regular pictures and use them for something else like for this travel community. This feature exists since quite a while and is pretty cool.

WhatsApp lets you communicate with friends through messages but also through voicemails and video calls. Used by a few billion people in around 140 countries as far as I remember. More focused then Facebook and geared towards real friends.

Hope that helps...

Internationally Known

Dyrd1955,  I've been wondering the same thing.   @MimiPlumb has been using this type of format also.  Maybe Either her or Ed can shed some light on the question.  I tried to look online but no luck.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Hi guys, I actually made a mistake. The collage function is part of our phone features and has nothing to do with WhatsApp. We have a Samsung phone and all our pictures are stored in a "gallery". One of the features in gallery says " create a collage". The IPhone must have a similar feature because some of our friends use this as well unless they downloaded a particular software. 
We use it so often that I really thought it was part of WhatsApp...well, me and technology were never friends🤪

Internationally Known

They are almost certainly using an app. FotoCollage is one of them that I've used in the past. You can take pictures right from your phone, make a collage, and then export it to your e-mail. Then you just upload it here! 

Internationally Known

I started doing it in Google photos with it's "create" function, that opens up a menu with a "collage" choice. I like it because it downsizes the photos somehow making a collage, allowing me to download the collage and drag it straight into the story picture box without having to downsize them due to the resolution limits. Before I had to crop them significantly or upload them to facebook then download the facebook copy back which worked. All of my photos are taken with a Google Pixel 3 phone at 12.2 megapixels which is too large 99% of the time to go direct.

Internationally Known

Thanks for the info guys!! I am going to look into it to try.  I think it really enhances your stories.

Internationally Known

This is an interesting option and perhaps a time saver. Thanks!