cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points Shorted Today

Nationally Recognized

Points Shorted Today

I hope this isn't a "here we go again" moment, but in reading some of the other issues of disappearing stories (I had that happen only once so far), I fear we may be in for another set of system problems. After last year's fiasco of not getting the correct number of miles/points posted, the past couple of months have been very accurate. At the start of this month, I was shorted a total of 60 points, but every day after that has been correct (yes, I keep a daily count, I'm ocd). Today I was shorted 370 points, so my total short is now 430. That's a big lump, so I thought I'd better put up the red flag. Now, it's posible that tomorrow I'll be credited the 370. If that happens - wonderful. If not, we may need to keep a close watch of our points. 

9 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Points Shorted Today

Thanks for the heads up on a potential problem. I keep track of the stories I have written, but not my points. I definitely need to start doing this. 

Internationally Known

SouthernWriter,  I’ve been so frustrated with the disappearing story issues I’ve been plagued with the past few days I haven’t been paying attention that closely to the point count.  When you have the same story disappear 7 times in one day and another disappear twice just shortly after it’s difficult to think about points.  Ill pay more attention.  Thanks for the heads up.

Nationally Recognized

@gefe57 wrote:

SouthernWriter,  I’ve been so frustrated with the disappearing story issues I’ve been plagued with the past few days I haven’t been paying attention that closely to the point count.  When you have the same story disappear 7 times in one day and another disappear twice just shortly after it’s difficult to think about points.  Ill pay more attention.  Thanks for the heads up.

I can't imagine how maddening that is. I admire your perserverance. Update for today is that most of the miles posted, so I'm only short 80 points so far this month. Not perfect, but a lot better than missing hundreds. 

Internationally Known

Glad to hear that most of your missing points/miles have posted maybe the rest will catch up later.  When we had that fiasko in Decemder and January they did a good job finally getting us our points.  I hope I don't ever have another incident of disappearing stories like that again.  I've had them dissapear before but not like that.  I finally got the story out the next day with a different title, location, new narrative and fewer pictures.  Whew!!

Nationally Recognized

The system has suddenly gone haywire again. For the past week I have been shorted 10 to 20 points per day. It doesn't sound like much but it adds up. I'm now short the equivalent of one story. I'm going to let the mods know so they can hopefully prevent things getting worse. 

Nationally Recognized

I thought I should update. For the past five days I've been getting back some of the lost points a few at a time, so it looks like I'll end the month with only about 100 short. I can live with that. The system isn't perfect, but they are trying. 

Happy Travels!

Nationally Recognized

I was just looking at mine and I think I'm 100 ahead. Although I stopped keeping meticulous detail, like I did at the beginning.  

Internationally Known

Trips4me it looks like you got SouthernWriters missing 100 points.  Hahaha!

Nationally Recognized

Actually I think I got a lot more than 100 points, but I think it's becaused I moved up a level... which I didn't even know I got points for until I read a discussion about that this morning. I commented about that in another discussion. What a nice surprise!