cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plagiarism

Internationally Known

Re: Plagiarism

Isn't that amazing?  As Markr867 mentioned, someone must really like his/her stories. I wonder if the person has one or more than one fake accounts.  Just a thought.....

Internationally Known

That is exactly what is going on. 

Internationally Known

@gefe57 wrote:

Isn't that amazing?  As Markr867 mentioned, someone must really like his/her stories. I wonder if the person has one or more than one fake accounts.  Just a thought.....

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! I suspect that we are dealing with someone who has multiple accounts. Either that, or perhaps they are a computer with multiple accounts.

Internationally Known

I tend to give benefit of doubts whenever possible, but most obvious violation like this fake daily kudo champ, I hope Barclays take action. 

I also flagged numerous times another person who clearly copied texts and photos from another website but all those stories are still there. I did not read them all, but almost all of this person's stories were direct copies. Fortunatley, the person did not post stories quite sometime by now. 

Internationally Known

I haven't flagged anyone yet, but I have thought about it. When you flag someone does it allow you to write a note about why you are flagging them? Just curious.

Nationally Recognized

@trips4me wrote:

I haven't flagged anyone yet, but I have thought about it. When you flag someone does it allow you to write a note about why you are flagging them? Just curious.

Yes, they want to know why you are flagging. 

Nationally Recognized

I really wish I could see what you guys are seeing but I can't find it. Can you recommend a destination to check out?

Nationally Recognized

How do people think of getting multiple accounts? You know, I always say if people would spend half the time doing things right that they spend cheating, the world would be so much better. I guess I'm an idealist, but ya know...

Internationally Known

teebeetoo, go to the main "Travel Stories" page. On the right hand side, there is the "Top Story Contributors" section. Click on those words and it will take you to the Kudos Leaderboard. At the top, you can click to see the top kudosed people over the past 24 hours. Look there.

Internationally Known

Oh wow, I didn't even know you could click on that to find the leaders, I found it a different way - in settings. This is much easier. This person averages 37 kudos per story. If a person shares their stories through social media and they get likes on facebook,  does that count? I don't know how a person could average that many likes per story without cheating. Also how does the trending work? I see some people's stories trend and they get 30+ points, but this person hasn't created a story for quite some time, and isn't showing up in trending.