cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plagiarism

Internationally Known

Re: Be on the lookout for someone taking pics off of the internet.

It might not be there anymore, but typically a moderator will tell you if they merge your question with another thread.  I did notice that the same person who was obviously taking info and pics off of the internet was back at it again recently...

Internationally Known

We are probably talking about the one very obvious person.  It’s terrible and the “stories” take up two or more home pages at a time.

Internationally Known

That would be the one!

Nationally Recognized

Re: Plagiarism

I'm sorry to say we have another plagiarizer. I've been flagging the stories like crazy, so please do not give this person any kudos. The photos are highly pixilated and the stories are so obviously taken from other sites. I copied a few sentences from each one and searched the web. The sources range from the Guardian newspaper to Lonely Planet, to the countries' official travel sites. We all work hard to produce original stories and use our own photos. When someone cheats just to get participation miles, it cheapens the Barclay site and gives us all a slap in the face. Be aware and flag the stories so the moderators can stop this individual. 

Internationally Known

I noticed that they posted a lot today, but all of their recent stories seem to be gone now except for one. 

Nationally Recognized

Excellent! Thank you markr867. 

Internationally Known

I don't see the stories anymore, probably taken down. Thanks for flagging them down and the research.

Internationally Known

I was away and missed that, thanks for catching it. I have a hunch the fake account kudo machine to one user is back in operation as well, but it's just a hunch. Help keep an eye out for that as well, but it's hard to see because the fake accounts never kudo anyone else or post stories, so they're practically invisible except to the mods. I've sent them my hunch.

Internationally Known

Omg, 1,528 kudos in the last 24 hours? Yep, that is a red flag for sure.

Internationally Known

Wow, I just checked this out. How does one get so many kudos in 24 hours? And one of their stories gets 2-3x more kudos than anyone elses stories. That is definitely a huge red flag!