cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plagiarism

Internationally Known

Be on the lookout for someone taking pics off of the internet.

I am going through the stories today and I noticed that the pictures from one person seemed a little too perfect. In about two minutes of research, I found that they were being taken from various websites. Not going to mention the name, but I have flagged the stories. 

Community Manager

Re: Be on the lookout for someone taking pics off of the internet.

Hi @kranzie10 I am going to merge your post onto our larger community thread focused on the topic of content plagiarism. Thank you for your message, our moderation team is actively looking at all stories and will be taking the proper action required.

We appreciate your help in making sure community content is the best quality possible! 

Internationally Known

Re: Plagiarism

I've noticed another person copying their content from websites. Just be on the look out!

Nationally Recognized

I know I've said this before but I find this so annoying. This is a great resource for us all and greedy people are going to ruin it for everyone else.

Internationally Known

Right?  I regularly use this site as a reference when traveling and don’t know what I would do without it. I hate to see people try to take advantage...

Nationally Recognized

I am not a writer at all.  I just try to make sense of what I write.  Sometimes I look up some information about what I’m writing about to help make it more interesting but I take what I learn and use my own words.  As for pictures why would anyone think it’s ok to cut and paste, especially if they didn’t go to the place they are writing about.  I take pride in my photos and I try to use the best ones, that is the ones that aren’t to large for the site.  After most of our trips I edit all my pictures and create a photo book using Shutterfly.  They come out nice.

Lets keep it honest people. Don’t ruin a great site.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

WOW! A few bad apples can ruin this for the rest of us who actaully enjoy sharing our experiences! I love taking photos and I take pride on sharing what I capture from my trips. Some people would rather take the short cut and copy and paste .*eye roll*

Nationally Recognized

I know! I actually feel guilty because my phone is so broken my pictures currently suck;)

Internationally Known

They are still great to look at!  I'm typically trying to take pictures with my kids running away, so there aren't the best all of the time. The stories and the informaiton in them still helps :) 

Nationally Recognized

Maybe it’s right in front of me that’s why I don’t see it.  Where is the larger community thread focused on plagerisim located?  I wrote something two days ago about this and posted it and it never appeared.  Maybe it is on the other thread.  I also flagged one out of many stories by a community member to complain about this violation.