cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo File Too Large

Nationally Recognized

Photo File Too Large

Maybe I'm behind the times and maybe I'm not telling you anything new, but I just figured out how to post some of my larger photos.  I choose the photo I want to use and I go into the edit section of the photo program and crop the photo cutting out some of the worthless background.  It has reduced the photo file size and allowed me to post the photos I want to use.  I remember seeing a post by someone about this issue and Ive been experiencing the problem as well.  Hopefully this little bit of info will help.

6 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Photo File Too Large

As crazy as it sounds, when uploading photographs to this blog, good old Microsoft Paint is your friend. This is an old-school program, but it can solve a couple of problems.

1. Rotation:  If your images are getting rotated, just open them with Microsoft Paint and click "save". Then, your images will upload perfectly.

2. Size: Microsoft Paint has a resize tab. Change your size from 100 X 100 to 50 X 50. This will make your images small enough.

Yes, this is a circa 1998 solution, but it does the trick.

Internationally Known

I rarely run into this problem, but I take the lazy way out... take a screen shot of the photo and use that instead. Works every time.

Nationally Recognized

Had that program in the past but no longer.  Thank for the info

Nationally Recognized

Never thought about a screen shot.  If all else fails that’s a good option to try.  Thanks.  So far the cropping has worked.

Stately Explorer

There are a lot of free websites that will compress photo file sizes. You upload the file, it runs and reduces the size, you then download the image back to your computer. I’ve found that’s the easiest way for me. 

Nationally Recognized

Thanks for the info.  I’ll check it out