cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participation miles decreasing as you post more stories beyond 2,000 stories?

Internationally Known

Re: Participation miles decreasing as you post more stories beyond 2,000 stories?

Thanks for the update. Hopefully you will hear something from Barclays soon.

Internationally Known

Re: Participation miles decreasing as you post more stories beyond 2,000 stories?

Yes, thanks Botticelli for keeping us in the loop. I sure hope they address that soon, I was hoping to be here for the long haul.... @JenniferH ?

Internationally Known

@Ed4000 wrote:

Yes, thanks Botticelli for keeping us in the loop. I sure hope they address that soon, I was hoping to be here for the long haul.... @JenniferH ?

My thoughts exactly. I hope we can all be on here for the Long Haul. I love writing stories and reading stories here.

Internationally Known

I generally don't pay much attention to the statistics, but now that you mention it I see I'm at 1,965 stories, so I hope this gets resolved soon. I'm off on a big trip in two weeks, so hope to pick up the pace of contributions again. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Internationally Known

Long back when this community started there was a lifetime limit of stories. I don't remember if that was 1000 or 2000. There might be some past communication in the discussion section regarding this.

Internationally Known

Just enjoy your few free days off the grid.

Internationally Known

Thanks for the input parkhopper, while I sincerely hope that's not the case, that's more info than we're getting from Barclay. A limit would explain what happened to Botticelli and Westover, but not the decrease in points that Botticelli has experienced.  We do know the limit's not 1000, as you and I both have well over that, and I'm still receiving proper credit for everything. Perhaps Botticelli will get an answer soon. I sincerely don't want to come off as a complainer or troublemaker, but this should be a simple question to get answered I think.  Cheers!

Internationally Known

As I posted, I gave a test of writing stories over 2,000 and here's the result and my analysis. 

I posted 5 stories yesterday. This should give me 750 miles. Today, I got an updated miles that is "decreased" by 330 points. Although it is not exactly certain, I think I received "42 new kudos". That gives me 420 - 750 = -330 miles. This is the best analysis that I can do in my limited capacity. 

So, I think what the current system does is the following:

* Writing stories over 2,000 mark actually "decrease" the participation miles.

* The system still give credit for new kudos and "increase" the participation miles.  

Well, with no reponse from the Barclays management team, we have no way to know if this is correct. We will soon find it when we have more people hitting the 2,000 mark and have more data points.

To me, it is very clear that miles are decreasing as I post stories. So, I will hold of any writing activities in the future. I will still read stories and give kudos to other members, but my participation won't be as active as I have been for more than a couple of years. I sincerely hope I get answers from the management team so that I can stay as an active member. 

Internationally Known

So, if I am understanding this correctly, it sounds like you received 750 miles for your stories but then you received a 420 mile punishment for receiving 42 kudos. This gave you a net increase of 330 miles instead of 1170 miles. Is that correct?

This would have to be a bug as I cannot imagine that it would be built into the system.

The fact that this travel Community has a rank of Continental Advisor, which none of us have hit yet, indicates to me that we would not get cut off before earning this rank.

Perhaps the next thing would be figuring out if your miles are tracking correctly on the back end. When we have the technical difficulties this past summer, all of our miles did track correctly on the back end. Hopefully you will get your missing miles soon.

I really hope that one of the moderators will let us know what is going on. For now, I will continue to contribute and I hope that you will be able to contribute again soon.

Internationally Known

Nope. The 5 stories written that gave me "negative" 750 miles. Kudos recieved gave me "positive" miles. That made net  "decrement" of miles.