cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participation miles decreasing as you post more stories beyond 2,000 stories?

Internationally Known

Re: Participation miles decreasing as you post more stories beyond 2,000 stories?

@creedeva wrote:

Yeah, sorry I have been stingy on the kudos recently.  Moving place to place very quickly the last couple of weeks. 

From behind the bars of my padded Kudo jail cell, I wish you an early Bon Voyage!  Understand about the moving around, that's the whole point of all this discussion! About to be off to the Pacific Northwest in a couple of weeks myself, and just used a bunch of points to book a Scotland & Russia odyssey for August. Cheers & safe travels!

Internationally Known

Re: Participation miles decreasing as you post more stories beyond 2,000 stories?

@gefe57 wrote:

Have a restful visit home then a great cruise.  We head out in a few hours to catch our ship, Symphony of the Seas, for a Western Caribbean cruise.  Then back to Miami Beach for 5 days before heading home.  

Hey Jeff, you're not getting on that one that crashed into the dock in Puerto Rico are you? lol, kidding, but did you see that? those docks went down like a big hand pulled them under....not to try to put a damper on your voyage or anything...;)

Internationally Known

Ed,  have a great trip to the Pacific Northwest.  We are still thinking about a drive to Vancouver in September.  It’s that or back to Hawaii.  

Jeff

Internationally Known

Nope.  Didn’t hear about that I’ll have to google it.  We are going on the one that left the couple in Nassau.  That was 1000% the couple’s fault but I’m sure they will blame Royal Caribbean.  They tell ya from the get go, if you’re late and not booked on a Royal Caribbean excursion, you’re left and on your own.  RC does leave their passports at the port.

Internationally Known

Oh yea, I watched the u-tube video on that before we left.  That was the Norwegian Epic.  

Internationally Known

Ed, I’ll be on kudos jail parole for the week we are gone.  I’ll be able to give some kudos love when we get back.  I don’t pay the huge price for internet on the ship.  We get one free day but I don’t know that I’ll have time to use it.  

Internationally Known

@gefe57 wrote:

Ed, I’ll be on kudos jail parole for the week we are gone.  I’ll be able to give some kudos love when we get back.  I don’t pay the huge price for internet on the ship.

Understood, I wouldn't pay either. At least you won't have to worry about the kudos brig while aboard. I'll be in the same boat (pun intended) when we get to the N.W. Lovely wife has been out there for a bit working and with our daughter, so she is in charge of plans. So of course she books us into a cabin for part of the time with no TV or Internet. Thinks I may have a "problem" and need to disconnect. All she hears is "Jeff this, Boticelli that, Stormtroopin went here"..etc etc

Internationally Known

I don't know if the number of stories has just increased lately or what, but I seem to be in kudos jail more often than not.

Internationally Known

@markr867 wrote:

I don't know if the number of stories has just increased lately or what, but I seem to be in kudos jail more often than not.

Sitting here in jail right now. I've been wondering lately myself if something might be fouled up with the penal system, many days I could swear there's no way I've hit 100 already....

Internationally Known

Still no clue on the 2,000 stories mark thing, no response from the Barclay yet... I have been giving kudos, but holding my writings to not to see any more decreaing participation miles. For a few days, the miles has decreased, then it has increased a bit again in the second half of the week. I am not sure if it is accurate reflection of kudos received for the previous stories as I did not write any story after Monday. 

While waiting the response and hopefully a solution for the issue, I will write a few stories to "test" today what is going to happen for miles. If there is any news like any clear indication of mile decrease as you write more stories beyond the 2,000 mark (or miles increase as it is supposed to but the number is staying at 2,000), I will post in this thread immediately.