cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participation miles decreasing as you post more stories beyond 2,000 stories?

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Participation miles decreasing as you post more stories beyond 2,000 stories?

I recently hit my stories authored number 2,000. Some weird things happened after I hit the 2,000.

First, the number of stories is not increasing beyond 2,000 no matter how many stories you post. It is capped at 2,000.

Second, participation miles are actually decreased with more stories authored beyond 2,000.

I am not sure if this is a system issue and I sent an email to Barclay with a hope to get answers.

Well, it seems like some of us will soon hit 2,000, and I hope this issue is resolved well before more people experience this weird thing. 

71 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Participation miles decreasing as you post more stories beyond 2,000 stories?

That is bizarro. This place is like my house, something breaking every day, but I still love it. Just curious how many stories have you written over the 2,000? And we sure don't want those miles decreasing for sure. Hope it's not a lifetime limit somewhere in the fine print there, but I went and looked at the Terms & Conditions again and don't see anything about it. So, surely not. Keep us posted, and thanks for the heads up. I have a long way to go yet, but will be good to know what happens with that.

Internationally Known

Re: Participation miles decreasing as you post more stories beyond 2,000 stories?

Congratulations on 2,000 stories! Perhaps you will be the first to hit Continental Advisor!

This travel community is what brought me to Barclays - it was the deciding factor when I applied for the Arrival Plus instead of a competitor. I am saving up my miles for a big trip or two in the next couple of years.

Hopefully, no lifetime limit...

Internationally Known

I did not have my own record how many stories posted, but just realized the paricipation miles decreasing for several days from last week. First, I thought it will be automatically resolved as many of the issues were resolved one way or the other in the past. But, it just continues decreasing and wanted to look at all possible causes in my capacity. Then, I realized the number of stories authored is not changing and it is capped at 2,000 while number of kudos is increasing. 

Again, hope this is resolved well before many of us experience the same.

County Wise

Wow, congrats on hitting 2,000 stories! I'm just getting started, but I hope there isn't a lifetime limit as you said. Thanks for the heads up!

Internationally Known

Congrats Botticelli, that’s a huge number.  It would be a bummer if there is a lifetime cap.  I’m still 1,600 stories away from the 2,000 mark so I’m still gonna plug along.  

Internationally Known

Please keep us updated. Hopefully your miles will start rolling in soon.

Like most people on here,  I still have a long way to go to get to 2000 stories, but I plan to keep using my Arrival Plus and I plan to keep writing stories.

Even if we do get capped, this travel Community is awesome. I am looking forward to reading more stories and sharing more stories.

Next (planned) stop for me, El Paso and Juarez!

Internationally Known

Congrats on the 2000 mark, surely hope to get there at some point. It is just getting more and more difficult to keep track of miles and kudos. Still have not found the ideal and convenient way to do it. Ideas are more than welcome. Unfortunately, we are still not able to see who is giving kudos but somehow I have the feeling kudo love is not spreading as much as it used to. I surely will continue from my side if the Internet is working. It is very spotty out here, sitting on a terrace in the middle of Antigua, Caribbean.

Botticelli, I love reading your stories, you are well traveled! Next target, your 3,000 mark?

Internationally Known

Like traveling, I too noticed that the kudo love has slowed.  I’m hoping it’s because the bell is broken.  Like you and I’m sure the other “normal suspects” continue spreading the kudo love.  We are sitting at SMF waiting to board our flight to MIA.  I’ll be outta touch when we are on he ship but will sneak in when I can at the ports if time allows. Enjoy Antigua.

Internationally Known

Hope everyone enjoys their vacations while we get snow and ice in DC. Not that I'm bitter or anything :)