cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No limit for number of stories on one location?

Internationally Known

No limit for number of stories on one location?

Hi everybody. While reading some stories I stumbled upon one user who by far exceeded the lifetime limit for stories on one location. The user wrote 13 stories each for 2 cities, 12 for another and so on. No idea how this is even possible but this is surely not fair play. We all stick to 5 per location unless the limit changed and I am not aware of it? Anyway, it is sad to see that there is the occasional user that does not care about community guidelines. There are many who like this site. It is a great way to exchange travel experiences and get new ideas. Hopefully it remains that way. Happy New Year to you all!

7 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: No limit for number of stories on one location?

I hear ya!  I have noticed that also.  I don’t know how that could be possible.  One of my stories I used a County name to avoid over doing it for one city and the system told me I had already reached the maximum limit of 5 stories for California.  Like I said, I used the County name, Solano County, and it blocked my story anyway.  I got creative and used a close location.  

Internationally Known

Are these posts recent, or from back in the early days of the site before the limit existed? I don't think it is even possible now, though sometimes it is hard to know what will count as a distinct location and what won't. If in doubt I always enter the place name first, so I'll know not to waste my time if I've already reached my limit on what the system considers the same place.

Internationally Known

I got nerdy about it a while back and started a spreadsheet so that I know when I've hit the limit on any particular place. Once I hit 5 stories, the line gets grayed out! :-)

Internationally Known

I have a spreadsheet too!  I love a good spreadsheet :) 

Internationally Known

@srdshelly2: it happened with a user who joined the community during the last quarter of 2018, so not in the old days...no idea how this is even possible as the system immediately tells you that you are at the 5 max limit. Also found it surprising because the overall number of stories was not very high. 

Internationally Known

@Kranzie10: don’t laugh but I actually use an ordinary piece of paper to keep me up to date on locations. Guess it is time for a spreadsheet, I understand it is 2019 already 🥳

Community Manager

Hi, We encourage community members to let moderators know when you see behavior that does not adhere to our Terms of Use or Community Guidelines. Please feel free to email us at BarclaycardTravel@BarclaycardUS.com with additional information if you'd prefer. Thank you!