cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New features

Internationally Known

Re: New features

I have turned on the new notifications and now, whenever I post a story, I get two e-mails. One for the story itself and then this weird one:

markr867 (Internationally Known) posted a new comment in Travel Stories on 05-22-2019 06:43 PM:

[NO-BODY]

What does the [NO-BODY] mean and can that issue be fixed so we only get one e-mail when we post a story?

Internationally Known

...and we thought it would be easy, haha

BethanyM: please change the system so that we do not receive emails on the stories we post ourselves (and as in markr867's case even two emails). A simple alert when someone leaves a comment would certainly be sufficient enough. And please clarify if the one leaving a comment receives a notice if there is a reply on that comment...this would certainly be a great feature.

Internationally Known

@gefe57: saw you commented on one of the pics from the chalk festival in Sarasota. Did not receive an email about that one...but appreciate it anyway. How's your hip doing?

Internationally Known

Liketraveling, I’m not getting notifications either after the one time.  My hip is doing pretty good but still a long way to go.  Thankfully I don’t have to use the walker anymore.  That thing made me feel like an old man.  HaHaHa!  I get around really well with a cane for now.  I started driving short distances.  I go for a couple walks a day and today got up to 1.2 miles.  I know it’s not much but for what I had to go through it’s pretty good for 23 days after the operation.  I can only imagine how difficult this would be for older (I’m 61) people or overweight people.  But in the long run I’ll be better off.  Thanks for asking.  

Internationally Known

@gefe57, great to hear that you are doing better! That’s pretty good progress in such a short time, you are a fighter! Don’t give up even if you experience setbacks during recovery...plus you have some trips coming up at the end of the year, something to look forward to 😊

Internationally Known

Liketraveling,  I had a little set back 4 days after the procedure and had to go to the ER.  But, I am a fighter and I want to be ready for Hawaii the end of November and Asia in February.  Thanks very much for your words of encouragement, every little bit helps.  I would never have thought I would ever have to have this done.  I guess you never know.  

Internationally Known

Thanks for the new features! I just tried the first one and it works great and will come in very handy when I'm looking for specific stories or content. I haven't set up the second feature yet for comments, but I'm going to give it a try now!