cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tech Issues

Internationally Known

New Tech Issues

I just had a new tech issue: currently I can kudo on the discussion boards, but not on stories. When I attempt to kudo a story, I do not receive any error message. Instead, the kudo thumb icon simply turns grey but never goes blue to indicate that the kudo was given. I am not in kudo jail when attempting this.

Anyone else experiencing this or any other technical oddities other than the known payout issues?

11 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: New Tech Issues

The only time I have experienced this is when I’ve given too many kudos within an hour or 24 hour period.  After you press the kudo thumb and it turns grey scroll up to see if there is a red message telling you that you have given too many kudos.  If that’s not the case then I have no idea.  :-)

Internationally Known

I'm having the same issue. Not in kudos jail, but the kudos button just turns grey.
Internationally Known

Well, it worked earlier.  Now I have the same issue and when I hit the back arrow I get a red message telling me that the system cannot complete the action requested.  Let’s add another.  The system updated this morning but it seems to be stuck again.  Numbers are frozen again.  No credits for the day and it’s been several hours since I posted a story.

Internationally Known

I was just about to make a post concerning this issue, but you beat me to it. I cannot give Kudos either, even though I have not exceeded 50/hour or 100/day. I am also not getting the usual 50/hour or 100/day message. Thus, this is not the standard Kudos Jail. It appears to be a bug.

Internationally Known

Hi BelfryBat...just gave you a kudo for your last comment and it worked. Used my iPad.

Internationally Known

Hi Liketraveling. It appears that we can give Kudos to discussion comments, but not stories. That is too bad. I like to show my appreciation for well-written stories on here.

Internationally Known

Ugggghhh! What next?!? Same issue for me. I thought maybe it was actually kudoing even though it turns grey instead of blue but I tried it and checked the user's counter and it was unchanged, so no kudo is happening.

Internationally Known

....of course we are not implying that this is an intentional move by Barclays to slow everything down a notch and save some money 💰 🧐

Internationally Known

Looks like it is working again!