cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Miles Redemption option ! IMPRESSIVE

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: New Miles Redemption option ! IMPRESSIVE

Great, thanks for the reply. A lower minimum redemption option is nice.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I had not seen anything in the T&C either, but I had read rumors on other websites. It is good to know that nobody else has ran into it.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I too was able to do that. I had a $25.68 hotel incidental charge and I just redeemed miles for it. Originally it was possible to redeem anything at $25 or more. I wonder if they've gone back to that unnanounced. I doubt if it would have anything to do with the recent technical glitches on Barclay Travel Community points since most Barclay cardholders do not participate in the Community, and there would surely be no way to make a different miles redemption mechanism for different groups of cardholders with the same product. Anyway, I hope the lower threshhold continues.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

An alternative question. If I have a LARGE travel amount on my bill but not enough points ( since this whole tech issue has delayed me getting them) can I pay for the same travel charge at two different times or do I have to make all the payments at once? For example, I have a $600 airline charge but only $400 in points. Can I pay $400 now and *hopefully* $200 next month when the points *hopefully* get put back in order, or should I just wait and do it all at the same time?

Highlighted
Internationally Known

@Frank,

Per the terms, you can only redeem against any given charge on your cc one time. So the way the system is set up, you wouldn't be able to redeem $400 of a $600 charge now, and then redeem the remaining $200 later. The system won't let you do it. 

That said, we have some pretty unique circumstances here. If you can are able to escalate your issue to a level where people are empowered to provide solutions within Barclays, it doesn't seem too far fetched that an exception or some other resolution could be arranged. I'm sure lots of folks are similarly situated, so please post back with your outcome.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I am unfamiliar with the "rewards boost program." Can the community manager explain? Or has anyone had experience with this program? 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I've used it before. If I am going to buy something online, I will log into my Barclay's account and then follow the links to the Reward Boost and see if the store participates. If you shop through the Rewards Boost link then you can get extra points for your purchase. For example, if I make a regular purchase through Nike.com, I will get 1 point per dollar I spend. If I shop at Nike.com via the Rewards Boost link on my Barclay's account, I can get 3 points per dollar I spend. There is some pretty good information about the page on my Barclay account page.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Oh, thanks Kranzie10!

Highlighted
Community Manager

We are happy to provide further information, dyrd1955. All rewards earned from shopping with participating retailers at the Barclays Rewards Boost website will be credited to your account. Qualifying transactions must be made directly on the Barclays Rewards Boost website in order to earn these additional reward points. You must click the icon with the words 'Shop Now’ on the 'Earn More Points with RewardsBoost' panel located on the home page. A separate page will appear in which you can make your purchases.

Rewards will typically be posted to your account within 8 weeks from purchase date. This is to ensure that the rewards are calculated accordingly since there are now two rewards program applied to your account.  On your 'My Statement' page within the Barclays Rewards Boost site, you will see the rewards you have earned for shopping at participating retailers. You can also monitor or verify the number of your earned rewards through Barclays Rewards Boost on your monthly statement under 'Rewards Summary.' We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you. ^DJ

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

It's Barclays online shopping portal.