cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Miles Redemption option ! IMPRESSIVE

Stately Explorer

Re: New Miles Redemption option ! IMPRESSIVE

Glad someone cleared up that the ability to redeem for under $100 was a temporary glitch--I saw a couple of small travel purchases show up in my account as redeemable awhile back and got all excited but was saving up my miles for a bigger purchase that was expiring soon. When I went back to redeem the smaller purchases, they were gone. I was a little bummed, though not surprised as I thought $100 was the minimum.

Community Manager

We are happy to provide additional information, Stormtroopin2. We’ve identified an issue with the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus Travel Statement Credit redemption's. Travel statement credit redemption's were erroneously permitted for amounts of less than $100 (10,000 miles). 

Cardholders are able to redeem for their account annual fee starting at 2,500 miles; however, all other travel redemption's start at 10,000 miles per the Reward Rules. 

A fix has been implemented to correct this issue and any previous redemption requests for less than $100 will be honored. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and there’s been no change to the current program rules. The previous redemption was processed in error and has been honored. We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you. ^DJ

Community Manager

We are happy to provide additional information, Srdshelly2. We’ve identified an issue with the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus Travel Statement Credit redemption's. Travel statement credit redemption's were erroneously permitted for amounts of less than $100 (10,000 miles). 

Cardholders are able to redeem for their account annual fee starting at 2,500 miles; however, all other travel redemption's start at 10,000 miles per the Reward Rules. 

A fix has been implemented to correct this issue and any previous redemption requests for less than $100 will be honored. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and there’s been no change to the current program rules. The previous redemption was processed in error and has been honored. We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you. ^DJ

Nationally Recognized

So I will be able to use my points towards my annual fee?? Has anyone successfully done this??  I have not been using this card much lately so I am not sure what to do.  Maybe I can switch to the no annual fee instead.  My AF will be coming soon so any advice would be great!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I used some of my points to pay off my annual fee. It worked really well. The annual fee simply showed up along with my current travel expenses at the time.

@zonacat31 wrote:

So I will be able to use my points towards my annual fee?? Has anyone successfully done this??  I have not been using this card much lately so I am not sure what to do.  Maybe I can switch to the no annual fee instead.  My AF will be coming soon so any advice would be great!

Internationally Known

I have successfully redeemed points to pay the annual fee. Though if you aren't using the card for many purchases, you may be better served to keep your points and downgrade to the no annual fee version of the card.

Internationally Known

BelfyBat is right. The charge shows up under travel expenses and can be fully redeemed with accumulated miles as if it would be any other travel expense over $ 100.

Internationally Known

BTW my miles haven’t been transferred to my credit card yesterday oct 1st. Is this the case for everyone ? Are we experiencing a delay again ? My dashboard does reflect the correct amount of miles/ stories. 

Internationally Known

Yep, same here...assume it takes another day. Patience required :-)

Stately Explorer

I noticed that too and was wondering if I was mistaken when I thought it happened on the 1st. Fingers crossed there's nothing funky going on!