Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Miles Redemption option ! IMPRESSIVE

Highlighted
Internationally Known

New Miles Redemption option ! IMPRESSIVE

This is impressive!

I just checked my available miles to be redeemed for statement credit on my Barclay's card and found out that for each travel purchase I have made during the past few months that was even less than $100 I am able to redeem for statement credit. I just redeemed 3 transactions which were around $40.00 each. I was also able to redeem them individually. In the past we were unable to redeem any travel expense that was less than $100. Maybe this is a way of Barclay's trying to help us compensate for all the time we have lost due to the technical issues  on the Barclay's community? 
50 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: New Miles Redemption option ! IMPRESSIVE

I’m not sure which card you have, but I have the no annual fee version of the Arrival card and I’ve always been able to redeem for travel purchases over $25. Maybe they made a change for the Arrival+?

Internationally Known

I have the Arrival+ and over a year ago they changed their policy to travel purchases of $100 and more. What % of miles do you get back for each purchase ? The arrivals+ gives 2% back on each purchase. 

Internationally Known

That is nice! Not as nice as actually (and accurately) getting participation miles credited to our accounts, but it's something!

Nationally Recognized

The no fee Arrival allows redemption from $25 and gives 5% back in miles.  It used to give 10% back in miles before the structure was changed about what items were considered as travel purchases. There once was a broader category of travel related purchases miles could be redeemed for statement credit.

Community Manager

Thank you for your continued business, Reighn. We have reduced the number of miles needed to process a redemption to 2500 miles which is equivalent to a $25.00 travel statement credit. You will still continue to have the 5% redemption bonus along with access to the rewards boost program. Travel purchases eligible for redemptions are defined as airlines, hotels, motels, timeshares, campgrounds, car rental agencies, cruise lines, travel agencies, discount travel sites, trains, buses, taxi’s, limousines and ferries. We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you. ^DJ 

Community Manager

We thank you for your continued business, Savvytraveler. 

Redemptions for travel statement credits start at 10,000 miles for $100.00 toward qualifying purchases of $100.00 within 120 days. Partial credits are available. Predetermined increments of $25.00, $100.00, $2,000.00.  Redemption credits will post to the account within 1-2 business days and will appear on the account billing statement within 1 billing cycle.

Travel purchases eligible for redemptions are defined as airlines, hotels, motels, timeshares, campgrounds, car rental agencies, cruise lines, travel agencies, discount travel sites, trains, buses, taxi’s, limousines and ferries and the account annual fee.

Cashback statements credits

Redemptions start at 5,000 miles for $25.00. Redemption credits will post to the account within 1-2 business days and will appear on the account billing statement within 1 billing cycle.

Gift cards

Redemptions start at 5,000 miles for $25.00.

You still receive a 5% redemption bonus everytime you redeem your miles and access to the Rewards Boost Program. We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you. ^DJ

Internationally Known

Quick question...

Is there a maximum redemption amount? For example, if I purchased a first class round trip to the Maldives (not that I am planning on doing this), would I only be able to redeem a portion of the ticket (assuming that I have enough miles to cover it in the first place)?

I have heard rumors of a maximum redemption amount, but I have not encountered it.

Internationally Known

I do not believe that there is a maximum amount. However; if you only have a portion of the miles available, then you can only redeem in increments of $25 unless you have the full $ amount in miles available. At least that was my experience so far. 

Internationally Known

I haven't seen anything in the T&C about a max redemption amount, and I don't see any reason why Barclays would want to impose such a limit. From their standpoint, issued points are likely already carried as a liability even before redemption. Whether it gets redeemed over multiple smaller purchases or one big one shouldn't seem to matter much.