Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Miles?

Internationally Known

Re: Missing Miles?

@JenniferH wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Just to confirm, all data is being tracked successfully on the back end. The display issue, on individual profile pages, is being investigated and we will be deploying a fix shortly. As soon as we receive confirmation that the solution was deployed successfully, we will update this thread. Thank you for your patience.

This is great news! I have been optimistic that miles were tracking correctly on the back end. During the technical difficulties last Summer, miles continue to track on the back end and eventually posted correctly. 

Community Manager

UPDATE: Hello Everyone, Unfortunately, yesterday I spoke too soon. The resolution that was identified will not fix the display of your Community Miles total. Background on what is going on: a critical API call that the calculation of your profile Community Miles total depends on was broken in a recent upgrade of our community platform. This failure is a part of the core application, which is not a layer that can be quickly, or easily, changed. We're investigating the core issue and, in parallel, investigating the possibility of a downgrade to allow the calculations to once again succeed, until the core issue can be resolved. All data is correctly being tracked on the back end. We will continue to update this thread with new information. Please, do not create new threads asking questions. That makes providing updates to the larger group more difficult. Thank you for your continued patience with this matter!

Nationally Recognized

@JenniferH wrote:

UPDATE: Hello Everyone, Unfortunately, yesterday I spoke too soon. The resolution that was identified will not fix the display of your Community Miles total. Background on what is going on: a critical API call that the calculation of your profile Community Miles total depends on was broken in a recent upgrade of our community platform. This failure is a part of the core application, which is not a layer that can be quickly, or easily, changed. We're investigating the core issue and, in parallel, investigating the possibility of a downgrade to allow the calculations to once again succeed, until the core issue can be resolved. All data is correctly being tracked on the back end. We will continue to update this thread with new information. Please, do not create new threads asking questions. That makes providing updates to the larger group more difficult. Thank you for your continued patience with this matter!

Thanks for the update.

Internationally Known

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad that there are peoplr out there that are Tech Savy.  

Nationally Recognized

Jennifer - thank you for the update.  We certainly appreciate it.  My husband and I love this community and sharing places we've been as well as learning about new places are planning on going to and hope it will continue.  

Donna Brady
Internationally Known

@JenniferH wrote:

Many thanks to Jennifer for this awesome explanation. As a contributor, I really appreciate being able to get some technical details concerning the problem. This is a refreshing change from the typical corporate boiler plate "thank you for your patience, your satisfaction is important to us" generic response used by so many companies today.

Internationally Known

I am seeing an update. Not sure how accurate it is, but my total number of miles has definitely increased.

Internationally Known

The community miles just updated but the rest of the numbers totals are being worked on.  JenniferH sent an update explaining what is going on.  

Nationally Recognized

@BelfryBat wrote:

@JenniferH wrote:

Many thanks to Jennifer for this awesome explanation. As a contributor, I really appreciate being able to get some technical details concerning the problem. This is a refreshing change from the typical corporate boiler plate "thank you for your patience, your satisfaction is important to us" generic response used by so many companies today.

Here here!

Internationally Known

If the stories counter is not being updated how would we know that we reached 100 per month?