cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member "Labels"

County Wise

Re: Member "Labels"

I've got some work to do!  Must hit Continental Advisor before more are added :)

Internationally Known

I'm trying to get there myself! Definitely some more work to do. 

Stately Explorer

Can you put the guidelines somewhere like the Blog or About section of what each status means and how to achieve each one?

Community Manager

Hi @stevesoffers - Thanks for your question. While I can share that the ranks, listed in order of earning, are City Slicker, County Wise, Stately Explorer, Nationally Recognized, Internationally Known and Continental Advisor. The formula for which, we cannot reveal - we try to keep it a surprise! 

Stately Explorer

I don't know about other users, but I like to have a goal to strive towards rather than an ambiguous knowledge of something that can be.

I play a game on my phone that has a wide community on the internet and Line app. There has been questions asked to the main company on how to achieve a specific rank, and people have been told many different things as to how to officially achieve that rank.  This lack of information frustrates many users of that game as they want to achieve the top rank, but are never told how.

Internationally Known

But I can understand where they are coming from.  They are trying to encourage membership and contribution without simply checking things off a list as those of us with such habits are so keen on doing.

Nationally Recognized

> The formula for which, we cannot reveal - we try to keep it a surprise!

The gamificiation of levels/badges only works when it's clear what it takes to level up! Why not tell the community what participation is rewarded?

Internationally Known

As much as I want to know what do I need to do in order to earn each of the labels such as Nationally Recognized, Internationally known and so forth, I do see why the travel community won't reveal that information. I , personally, like to be challenged and when the objectives are not clear, all I can do is continue what I love doing (traveling) and continue to write and share great stories, read other stories and give them Kudos (generously), keep uploading amazing pictures and contribute as much as I can so I can be surprised every now and than with a "new label" and extra participation miles. Good luck to all. 

Internationally Known

This is an old, but fascinating thread. I don't believe I've seen anybody hit Continental Advisor yet. That sounds like an awesome goal!

If space travel becomes a thing, I would suggest Galactic Gallivanter as the next rank.

Nationally Recognized

@BelfryBat: If I worked at Barclays, I would open up a position for you just based on that comment :)