cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limits

Internationally Known

Limits

I have a few questions on limits, are we allowed to write 5 stories that are linked to a state vs. city? For example I could probably write 15 stories about NYC or San Diego because they are so huge. I’m at my limit of 5 for San Diego, but could I write a story and link it to California and will it stop when I get to 5?

Also below are the limits I am aware of, is there also a limit to the amount of stories a person can write per day? Or is it just capped out at 100 per month? 

Stories per month: 100

Stories per city: 5

Kudos given per day: 100

Details per story: 10

8 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Limits

Trips4me,  yes, you can write 5 stories for San Diego (the city) and 5 stories for California (the State). I have used the local county but for some reason that converts to the State.  There are many cities around San Diego as well, if you get my hint.  There are times where 5 stories just don't cover what you are wanting to share so I have expanded to nearby cities and if you pay close attention to some of the stories you will see that this is a common practice. 

The 100 kudos are for a revolving 24 hour period.  I wish they would put a limit on how many stories that can be written in a day maybe that would stop the story flooding and burying our stories.  30+stories, boom, boom, boom is hard to compete with.  I know, we don't need more rules but it gets frustrating when someone floods all the front pages of stories. 

Internationally Known

Thanks for the info. I thought La Jolla was it's own city, but it's actually part of San Diego, so I was pretty bumbed about that, as it wouldn't let me write anymore stories on San Diego!

And yes, the flooding of stories has been pretty bad lately. 

I saw the "suspect" is back on the 24 hour list. Also if you look at the top Kudo'd posts from the last 6 months, this person solely takes up atleast the first 10 pages. Basically every one of there stories are the most liked stories in the last 6 months with 40+ kudos average per story. Clearly something is going on and I hope the mods take action. 

Internationally Known

This is too funny.  I was just looking at that as well.  The 6 months that person takes up the first 9 1/2 pages.  Funny, it’s been just over 6 months since their last story and still the King/queen.  

Look at at a map of the San Diego area  and see what is close to La Jolla and try that in the story location box.  Just a suggestion, that’s what I’ve been trying. 

Internationally Known

It's funny how I even asked this question, when other people are doing outrageous things and I feel guilty if I don't get the location exactly right. I'm going to be more selective as to who I kudo, too. I've been regulary giving kudos to someone who has been using the exact same 10 details on every single story. I didn't click on every story to see how far it goes back, but it's pretty far. I reported it, but nothing has been done yet. 

Internationally Known

I agree.  

Internationally Known

Wow, there is some crazy stuff going on. Be careful who you kudo, I think there are some computer scripts automating some stories out there. They look legit, which is scary. 

Looks like the mods might be cracking down, which is good to see.

I  hit my stories for the month, so I won't be on as much, but will still kudo y'all. Just keep an eye out for strange stuff.

Internationally Known

There are a lot of crazy things.  I have 6 more for the month.  I’ll do 1 more today and probably 5 tomorrow.  I’m hoping to continue again on May 1st but may have to wait a little bit.  We’ll see how my mind is working after next Tuesday, April 30, I have right hip replacement surgery.  Dang, I thought I was too young for that.  Oh well, ya never know.  Just gotta get better for our future trips.

Internationally Known

Looks like the mods took down some of the cheater posts. That's good. 

Hip replacement, yikes. Good luck and hope you heal fast!