cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's Kudo it up!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: Let's Kudo it up!

It’s just too bad there isn’t a badge for higher numbers of kudos given.  100 kudos given is only one good days worth.  

Internationally Known

Has anyone else had any experience with the strategy @aesmaily is talking about being able  to move stories up in the feed? I can't seem to see how this works!

Internationally Known

@Ed4000, I experimented with it and no luck.  I tried moving my store up by adding a comment and I added a comment to @Markr867 and no luck moving either story.  I haven’t tried adding a story detail yet.

Internationally Known

I tried both with no luck either....

Internationally Known

Commenting or adding detail / new photo to your story only moves up your story in the "home" tab, not in the "stories" tab. "Home" tab mostly displays the recent posts and a recent post can be anything - a comment, photo or a detail.

Internationally Known

@Parkhopper, Cool, thanks for the info.  I'll have to experiment with that another time.

Internationally Known

I think it’s time to resurrect this thread.  It seems that there are still many members that believe “It’s better to receive than give.”  My generosity is wearing thin.  

Internationally Known

Absolutely, gefe57! Hopefully more members have stepped it up and you're feeling differently than you were in April, but for any members who might see this thread and have not been inspired to give kudos for kudos' sake - ie, respecting the work that the author put in both in traveling and then posting a story about it - it's worth remembering Barclays' generosity with this program. If I peek at the leaderboard right now, the top most-kudoed users are all over 20,000 kudos. If you do the math, that's basically a free domestic plane ticket, all from people kudoing their stories. (Nevermind the points from posting the stories, themselves!) And I know from being a long-time user that those folks are the ones *giving out* the most kudos, and that's how they're in those leaderboard spots. It costs you nothing to give, and thanks to Barclays we all benefit financially as well as emotionally! If you're going to take the time to post stories, take the time to kudo a few others; it'll brighten their day and help them continue doing this travel thing we all love.

Internationally Known

Echochaser21, great response.  I agree, Barclays is very generous and I really appreciate it.  If you read/open a story give it a kudo.  Like you said it doesn’t cost you anything and it makes the author feel appreciated.  I’m not a great writer, I’ve said that before, I appreciate every single kudo.  When I’m having a slow kudo giving day I’ll go to some of the generous authors profile pages a start giving kudos for their stories.  It takes a little time but it’s rewarding in the long run.  

Internationally Known

I know how excited I get when I receive kudosso that’s why I try to give just as many, if not more. This really is a great site for many reasons, and I think we all appreciate the work the mods and the people on the back end do. 

I think I’ve read/kudosed every single story for some users, but I wish I could do more!