cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos Question

Internationally Known

Kudos Question

I know you receive 10 points/miles per kudo you receive for your stories.  Do you receive the same 10 points for kudos received for Discussion posts?  Anyone have any ideas or knowledge about this? 

5 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Kudos Question

Nope, they don't earn any miles.

Internationally Known

Thanks, that’s what I figured but wasn’t sure.

Internationally Known

I didn't know that! So kudos to these message boards don't count for anything? If true, it is strange that despite not being worth any points, kudos given to message board posts still count against a user's daily limit of 100 kudos. I know this since I have been sentenced to kudos jail while giving kudos to message board replies.

Internationally Known

I just learned the other day.  I have also been placed in kudos jail for discussion kudos.  

Internationally Known

@I stopped being lazy long enough to read the T&C, and sure enough, @markr867 is right. The terms only provide miles for story kudos. There's vague language leaving the door open for miles to be awarded for "other activities" if Barclays so chooses, but nothing beyond that. Bummer, dude. It still begs the question why discussion kudos given counts against a user's daily kudo limit if they aren't really worth anything.

@gefe57 wrote:

I just learned the other day.  I have also been placed in kudos jail for discussion kudos.