cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known participation miles display Issues – 07/02/2018

Internationally Known

Re: Known participation miles display Issues – 07/02/2018

I too just had a post deleted from this thread within fairly short order of posting it. In no way was it inflammatory or otherwise offensive or improper, but rather was a factual recounting of the timeline of these issues based upon my recollection. I did not even attempt to advance a conclusion as to what the end game here is. 

Moderators, I reiterate that I do not blame you for the problems with this site, nor do I blame you for Barclays' chosen communication strategy with users with regard to these problems. I believe that all comes from above, and I think most of us users recognize that. To the extent that you are exercising your own discretion in deleting posts which are critical of this situation, I respectfully ask that you exercise restraint in cases where the user expresses a legitimate grievance in a respectful and dispassionate manner.

Internationally Known

Putting The Pieces Together

Ok, so I already know from reading other threads that I am far from alone in wondering what is going on with this site with regard to miles tracking and crediting. For those unaware, the current situation is such that the crediting of any and all miles has been halted indefinitely, until a fix to the problems with the site is implemented. So we now find ourselves at a place where the miles tracker on your profile isn't working properly, there is no daily miles earned email, and no miles are being credited at the end of the month (pending the fix of the site). 

Some have suggested, and I don't disagree, that the amount of time it has taken to fix the site's issues are inconsistent with an earnest and ongoing effort to fix the issues.

Others have pointed out that several of the site's trackers continue to function, while only those trackers directly affecting miles payout are malfunctioning. An example is that kudo counters, 100 story monthly limit counterd, 50 kudos given per hour counters, etc. all continue to work just fine.

We have a lot of smart people using this site, and if we work together, we can probably narrow down the possibilities of what is going on here to a few solid bets. So... what do you all think?

Internationally Known

Re: Putting The Pieces Together

It does strike me as odd that the other counters are working without a problem. I never had a problem with my account until they suspended it saying that there was a problem. I'm hoping that they are just (very) slow to work on this problem, but I'm also wondering if they are trying to either reduce the number of users or do away with the travel community all together.

Internationally Known

Good points, Kranzie. 

Broadly, it seems to me that we are dealing with one of three situations, listed in no particular order:

1. Site is being shut down

2. Site will remain, but is being demonetized for users (everyone can keep using the site, but miles accrual from doing so is over).

3. There are issues with the site and they are genuinely working to restore the site to its former state of proper function.

There are several possible variations within and across those broad categories. Some of my personal musings:

-This site is likely operated and managed by a separate entity from the bank. The bank contracted with the a contractor to run this site for a specific term, and now there are contract issues. It would be helpful if anyone knew the launch date of this site. If the issues started cropping up within a month or so of the site launch, That could be a sign that it's a contract issue. 

-The site has been around for many years, but hasn't achieved the goals which were laid out for it. We don't know what those goals may have been though. Maybe it was thought that the value of the rights to the photos submitted would be greater than what reality has beared.

-The site has become viewed more as a cost center to the bank, as opposed to a revenue generator or viable marketing angle. 

Could be anything. My major hangup is exactly what others have said: I can't see how it would take this long to fix this problem if it were actually being worked on. Any IT folks out there who can shed some light?

Internationally Known

You are so smart ! I just love reading your inputs. 

Internationally Known

On one hand, it makes me feel better is that the admin on the "Known problems" post says that we will not lose participation miles - I've done a screenshot of this just in case- but on the other hand, it makes me nervous that none of the admins are giving us any answers or updates now.  I just booked a trip based on how many miles I am due and it makes me nervous that I am STILL waiting for them.

Has anyone tried emailing the address that was posted in the "known problems" post to see if they could get any answers that way?

Internationally Known

I did and got reply the same reply as on this board -"we will let you know when it is fixed"

Internationally Known

I contacted them at the end of June as I realized that a substantial short on mileage has build up over time. Got a reply on July 2, saying that miles will be posted once it is fixed and that several teams are working on the issue. 

You all might remember that most problems started when the site was hit daily by massive spam. Maybe they were hit by hackers who tried to get access to data...our travel accounts are linked to our credit cards :-(

Could as well be that this whole site simply got too expensive as Stormtroopin2 mentioned. The amount of Kudos increased substantially over time... 

Lets cross fingers. Really started to like this community...

Internationally Known

Regardless of the reasons, it is not professional not adressing the situation, by notifying consumers, providing timing for fixes and potential incentives for inconviniences and discruption of service. This site is being adrvertised a a benefit of the credit card, so I see it customer service issue on the credit card side. Maybe it is time to consider other options.

Internationally Known

One thing that I did find out was that Barclay's card has nothing to do with the travel community. The travel community is a separate entity. Barclay's customer service is amazing and representatives are always knowledgeable and happy to help. When I inquired about the travel community Barclay's transferred me to a supervisor who explained that the travel community is a separate department and has nothing to do with the card. He, the supervisor, can send the travel community admin emails but he has no information about the opertaion of the travel community and the reward miles.