Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known participation miles display Issues – 07/02/2018

Highlighted
Community Manager

Known participation miles display Issues – 07/02/2018

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience while we work through ongoing participation miles display issues. Upon further review, our team has decided to stop posting participation miles earned to allow us to continue testing so we can ensure accuracy. As a result, your daily miles participation will not update to your account nor will participation miles be transferred to your Arrival account for the previous month’s activity until this issue is resolved. Earned e-giftcards for non-cardmembers will also be postponed. You will not lose any participation miles.  We will post outstanding participation miles once the issue is resolved.

If you chose to hold off on posting new activity as a result of our recent update for peace of mind, please email us at BarclaycardTravel@Barclaycardus.com so we can contact you as soon this issue is resolved. Otherwise, we will continue to update this thread when new information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and truly appreciate your participation in the Barclays Travel Community.

As always, we’re happy to take any questions about your individual account or general questions at BarclaycardTravel@Barclaycardus.com.

Sincerely,

Your Travel Community Managers

150 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Known participation miles display Issues – 07/02/2018

Hi Genea:

Thanks for the update. I will continue to post, read and kudo on here as my schedule permits. 

Internationally Known

I was wondering if moderators can provide an approximate timing when miles will be posted to the credit card accounts. Are we looking at several days or severe weeks?

thanks

Nationally Recognized

This is ... annoying. I hadn't kept up on the threads on this topic, because I don't need real time tracking of miles earned or daily emails, but I was assuming a monthly reconciliation would simply extract & credit activity correctly while those were tweaked. I was looking for all of 143 miles to post to my account this week so I could fully credit a recent travel purchase, very disappointed the 3 stories I wrote last month won't push me over the top.

Nationally Recognized

I'm baaaack from my fabulous, fantastic Grand Tour (wherein grandparents and grandchild traveled to jolly olde England, acted like tourists, and met lots of cousins). I've been monitoring the threads and have to say I'm disappointed that this points issue has not only not been resolved, it seems to have gotten worse. No points credited from last month. No daily emails. I can only hope that in the end, we'll have a spanking new system that locks out spam and records points meticulously. 

So, I'm holding my nose and diving in. I've posted two stories today along with ten details. That's 400 points. Here's hoping.

Happy Travels ~

Nationally Recognized

Dreamer-there was just more spam last night. I was going to post but changed my mind.  I am going to try again today and hope, like you they catch up.  I missed a while due to illness an appointments but I always try to follow threads.

Internationally Known

Aww, a little disappointed that participation miles from June will not be transferred to our accounts. :/ I hope this gets resolved ASAP!

Community Manager

Hello @victoria_pa we will provide a timeline as soon as we receive next step confirmation from the tech team. 

Thank you for your continued patience! 

Internationally Known

This is a misleading thread title, in my opinion. While miles not "displaying" is, as others have pointed out, a disappointment, the biggest problem is that miles are not being "credited" to our Barclays Arrival credit card accounts at all. You mention this in your post as if this issue is secondary to the miles not "displaying" within this site. Up to this point, the miles displayed have been incorrect to varying degrees, and so have been the monthly payouts/credits...but at least we knew we would get something at the end of the month. Now, even that is gone.

That being said, I do not place blame on the moderators/admins of these boards, as I know you are caught in between those calling the shots at Barclays and we, the customers. However I must state that it appears clear from the manner in which Barclays has chosen to handle its communication with regard to this situation that Barclays is not interested in proactively and honestly informing all users of the Travel Community of these serious issues. While it would be easy to send out an email blast to all users giving a full and honest account of these issues, Barclays has instead opted to relegate the subject to these message boards, where likely only a fraction of users bother to browse. Sure, openly and honestly informing all users that they won't be receiving miles and that you don't know when that will change will likely cause your site visits to nosedive, but doesn't integrity dictate that you do? If not, doesn't the ill will from users who are destined to eventually learn of this on their own necessitate transparency? This is an issue which goes to the very heart of the functioning of this community. All users deserve to be made aware of this so that they may make an informed decision regarding their future interaction with this community.

Internationally Known

Yes, it seems like this is becoming a much larger issue than "backend tracking" of our miles.

If Barclays wants to stop awarding points for activity on this community, they are well within their right to do that. However, they need to make users aware and stop advertising that points will be awarded after each new story is posted. Otherwise, those points are owed to all participants.