cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Time For Answers

Internationally Known

Re: It's Time For Answers

Here’s a kudo for ya Ed.  At least until I can give a real one.  HaHaHa!

Nationally Recognized

If I have any more problems I will be sure to post in the discussion board. It definitely is frustrating, especially if you haven't saved your stories and have to redo them. On another note, is there a limit to the number of stories we can do for the month? And what is this kudo jail you guys have been talking about? There is a limit for kudos? 

I think I'm done with my stories for the month, I have to look through my other computer to find more photos, then i will be back in April to share some more!

Internationally Known

Thanks man! The bell is working, but always good to make sure! I take I.O.K.'s , as well as cash or check....;)

Internationally Known

You can write 100 stories per month.  The system won’t allow any more than that if you try.  Kudos jail is when you have given your daily 100 kudos in a 24 hour period.  It’s a revolving 24 hours so your kudos renew as the clock ticks.  I think there is a limit of 20 kudos per hour as well, Ed, please correct me if I misspoke.  I just give kudos until I see the red box telling me I’m maxed out.  Then I wait and start again.  The more I give the more I receive.  

I still I’ll have some stories to do but I have to go through pictures and make sure I haven’t done stories on them yet.  Have a few little one or two day trips coming up to help reload.  As soon as the snow in the Sierras stops I want to head up and take some snow pictures.

Internationally Known

trips4me, the story limit is 100 per calendar month. kudo jail is when you've given out 100 kudos in a 24 hour rolling period. the system stops you from giving out any more with a big red kudos flood message. You're then in "kudo jail" until you wait long enough to move out of the 24 hour period in which you did the kudos, or the next day, whichever comes first. It's hard to gauge that, just have to wait and try later or next day. There's also a 50 kudo per hour stop, that temporarily puts you in the holding tank until an hour has passed, then you have access to the othe 50 for the 24 hours. Or something like that. Confusing enough? ;)

Internationally Known

There, I made good on my IOU.  HaHaHa!

Internationally Known

Thanks Ed, I forgot it’s 50, I said 20.  

Internationally Known

Here we go again!  Different browsers tried and three times the story disappeared after it posted and even kudo'd. 

Internationally Known

Sorry everyone.  I feel like I need to keep mentioning this disappearing story problem so maybe it will get fixed.  I just had number 5 go bye-byeand that is after they all posted.  

Nationally Recognized

That is strange. I always have problems if I hit the back button, for example, if I'm adding photos and then realize I forgot to add something in the description so i hit the back button. I never do that anymore. I'll just post it and then go back and edit. Also, I found that if I take too long typing my stories, it will get glitchy. So, now I always type my stories in a word processing program and then copy and paste. And if I have locations that our not well known by google maps, it does weird things as well. I'm probably not helping you any, but thought I'd share this info. What story of yours was disappearing? I saw a few of yours.