cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Time For Answers

Internationally Known

It's Time For Answers

This afternoon I was writing stories without any issues until my fifth story.  I posted a story about the Cuban Memorial Plaza in Little Havana.  I received two kudos and then it disappeared.  I had to recreate the story and copied the narrative just in case.  I posted the story again and received one kudo.  The story then disappeared again.  I tried number three, itposted and you got it, it disappeared once again.  Not to be deterred I tried a fourth time and it wouldn't post I got the dreaded red message telling me I do not have sufficient privilages to commplete the task.  It's a simple little story I'm attempting to post using my HP laptop and I don't understand.  Please, Barclays can you look into this and fix it.  Thank you, Jeff

36 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: It's Time For Answers

Number Five just disappeared even after Ed4000 gave me a kudo.  Let me try a different story after a little break.  I'm super frustrated right now.

Internationally Known

Gefe57: just had the same experience with a story from a cemetery in Japan, reposted it with a different headline and picture, so far so good...lets see if it disappears again :-(

Internationally Known

@LikeTraveling, I had the same story disappear 6 times and that was even after I changed the title and tried reducing the number of pictures.  I might try tomorrow.  I posted the Southernmost Point story after the first 5 disapperances and that story worked.  Then tried the sixth time. and it disappeared again.  To top it off I just tried a story from Sweden not even close to Little Havana and when I hit the View Your Story button I got the dreaded red box AGAIN that said,  "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.  Click your browser's Back button to continue."  

I'm done for the day,  Hopefully everything will work tomorrow.  Maybe @BethanyM or another one of our capable moderators can look into this and hopefully kill the bug that's causing it.

Internationally Known

@likeTraveling, Finally!  After seven attempts, I made one more attempt late last night, number 7 disapperance.  This morning I tried again.  I changed the title, location, rewrote the story and reduced the number of pictures and so far so good.  Oh yes, I also closed all the programs and rebooted my laptop.  

Internationally Known

Here we go again!  Hey @Ed4000 thanks for the kudo but it disappeared with my story right after you gave it to me.  Unfortunately I didn't copy the narrative so I guess I have to reinvent it.  

Internationally Known

Hey Jeff, it's got to be something to do with your browser or platform you're writing on. I've not had it happen in a long time, probably because I've remembered to copy them just in case and it's just waiting... But seriously, what are you using? I use Windows 7 & 10 PC's running Firefox, and have no problems. Sounds like your problem is huge!

Internationally Known

Ed, I am using my laptop with Windows 10 Pro and Microsoft explorer.  Maybe I’ll try Firefox.  Anything to get rid of these problems.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Internationally Known

Oops1. Microsoft edge not explorer

Internationally Known

Here we go.  I just downloaded Firefox on my laptop.  I already have it on my desktop but I havent used the desktop for very many stories.