cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Time For Answers

Internationally Known

Re: It's Time For Answers

Will be an interesting experiment, hope it helps!

Internationally Known

I haven't had any disappearing stories, yet! I've had a couple "crashes" where I thought the story disappeared, but it actually posted before I was even done with it.  As far as points, after reading these posts I keep track with a spreadsheet, and there were a few times I thought I was shorted, but the points usually catch up the next day. 

Internationally Known

The experiment failed!  You saw the last story, gave a kudo and now you don't see it.  I don't know what the heck is going on.  The stiory I just did was through Fierefox.  I'm really getting ticked off.  I've tried different platforms and do not include anything inappropriate, I can't figure it out.  I have yet to hear anything at all from the moderators about why this could be happening. 

Internationally Known

@BethanyM or any other of our moderators.  I have become extremely frustrated with my stories disappearing.  Todasy I have posted one storywith sucess.  My second story I have tried five times. I even logged off and switched from Firefox to Microsoft Edge and changed the title of the story.  I'm using may HP laptop with Windows 10 Pro.  The other day it took me seven attempts to finally get my story posted and for it to stay in my portfolio (it was even kudo'd between dissappearances).  Today it posted and @Botticlli gave me a kudo.  I went to read someone elses story and then returned to Travel Stories and my story was gone.  The story was about the waterfront in Barcelona.  I am still below the five story limit for Barcelona.  Surely there must be others out there that are having similar problems but not just as severe as my problems.  PLEASE HELP!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Fingers crossed.  Is the sixth time the charm?  Same story different title and a few les pictures.

Internationally Known

That's so weird Jeff, I don't have a clue now since you're using basically the same setup as me. I've probably posted 200+ stories without a glitch. You're not running multiple tabs of the site at the same time are you? only other idea I've got , I've had some glitches doing that some times it seems.

Internationally Known

Ed, that could be it also.  I have two browsers open a lot of the time.  I have videos running in the background on Microsoft Chrome earning points.  But I’ve been doing that since I started writing stories.  I just maxed out on stories for the month so maybe I’ll try without having the other browser open.  But like I said, I’ve been doing that for five months now and the major issues just started.  Anything is worth a try.  I’ll run my other gig on my desktop.  Thanks for the help.  

Internationally Known

I feel your pain now. I had my first story disappear today after it was liked a few times. It was a story called "A small Glacial Lake."  I was having problems with the location, because it's a State Park which spans a bunch of small towns, so rather than pick one of the small towns, I  just put in the State for the location.  That may have been mistake one. Second, Google maps does not like Itasca State Park, probably because it has several entrances, so I kept changing the details to find the right spot. Then after I posted it, I saw the location pin was odd, so went back to check it and the story disappeared. If I do have problems, it's usually if I mess around too much with the locations or details, but this is the first time the story has completely disappeared. Luckily I type my stories in word processing before posting, so I have the story! Will retry.

Internationally Known

I saw that! It kept popping up on top of my Sawmill story, then the next time I'd look, it was gone. Weird stuff. I'm still not having any problems (fingers crossed).

Internationally Known

There is a glitch in the system.  Maybe if more people say something about it they might look into it.  I have written about this problem more than once and have yet to hear anything from Barclays.  It is frustrating.  I’m out of stories for the month so maybe the break will help.  Lol!  I just wish I could stay out of Kudos jail because that is all I can do the next few days.  From behind the bars, keep the stories coming and I’ll kudo when I can.  :-)