cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m getting a frustrated now

Nationally Recognized

I’m getting a frustrated now

I just rewrote a story and everything posted Ed4000 gave me a kudo.  I saw a typo so I went to edit the story and I got a message telling me I wasn’t authorized to access.  Then once again POOF!  My story disappeared once again.  

The story was titled Tasty Treats which I wrote this morning around 8:30 (the second time around) and it had two details added.  I guess I’ll try it one more time. Unfortunately for me after it posted I deleted my screen shot of the story.

11 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: I’m getting a frustrated now

I just read your Version 3, which at least as I write is visible in the feed. I don't know when I'll be in that area next, but it looks like a good place to get something to eat!

Nationally Recognized

I guess ya never know what’s gonna happen when you write a story.  It’s out of the way for most travelers but sometimes it’s good to know those out of the way places to eat.

Internationally Known

@ gefe57: the message “wasn’t authorized to access” was exactly the same when my story disappeared (see separate post)...guess we all might just avoid adding details to an existing story, otherwise we will lose kudos already earned...

Spoiler

Nationally Recognized

gefe57: This happens to me all the time and I finally figured out why it's happening to me at least. For some reason this website will automatically log me out - it's almost like you have 5 minutes to write a story and it'll log you out if you don't have your story complete in that time frame! (unless I check mark the "keep me logged in") when I'm logging in. lol. I like your choice of words though!! Frustrated... I've had to edit to get the  **Bleep** off my stories lol!

Internationally Known

Well, I just had my first story go poof. It was about an Overlook in Tennessee. I will try to repost it in a day or two.

Nationally Recognized

My first story this morning went poof!  I had to rewrite it.  After that I tried writing the story and then view the story before I added a picure or details.  Then I edited the story and added pictures and details.  Then I did it again and added one picture, viewed, then edited to add more.  It’s a pain in the rearendski but it was easier than redoing the whole thing.  

Nationally Recognized

INeedAVacation;  Hahaha!  I had a better word but frustrated was a lot cleaner.  By the way I like your screen name.  Even though I retired 3 years ago I continually tell my wife, (who hasn’t retired yet) I need a vacation.  

Internationally Known

I wrote a story yesterday and when I just checked it, it was gone.  So frustrating!

Nationally Recognized

@gefe57,

That's awesome that you were able to retire and now find things to do with your time and figuring out how to use your time in a productive manner. And this is a fun way to spend your time! Every day, I deal with so many schedules that I have to juggle, and I have a hard time finding time (kids sporting events,  going to college myself) to take vacations, so when this travel website said what do you want your user name to be, the first thing that popped into my head was "INeedAVacation!" lol

Have a great day now and thank you for your reply!

I Need A Vacation :)