cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't re-edit certain stories

Internationally Known

I can't re-edit certain stories

For a few of my stories, they seem to be sort of locked into a bad state.

For instance:

https://www.barclaycardtravel.com/t5/Travel-Stories/Ahu-Tongariki-the-Biggest-Set-of-Moai-on-Easter-...

or

https://www.barclaycardtravel.com/t5/Travel-Stories/Puna-Pau-the-quarry-for-the-red-topknots-pukao-o...

and a few others.  The "Article Options" button menu, and the "Read Full Story" button never work.

Since the "Article Options" button doesn't work, I can't edit the story to make small corrections like I would like to.  Also, this same set of stories has 0 kudos, so I believe the kudos buttons don't work on them either (or maybe that just won't work without Read Full  Story?).

Have I put something bad into the text that locks them up? Bad-formed html tags or something?  Unfortunately, I cannot edit them to look, even.

(But I don't get the "Nobody puts baby in a corner" related stories behaviour -- this seems to be something different on these.)

Thanks for looking at this!

8 Replies
Community Manager

Re: I can't re-edit certain stories

Hi @dennisj we are able to replicate this issue when testing and are currently working with our tech team to identify the root cause. We believe it is related to the google map API issue that has recently been resolved. 

Your activity has been tracked on the backend and we can confirm all miles posted accordingly.

We will continue to work to find a root cause to this problem and will update you as soon as we have a solution. Thanks! 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Stuck: The story of China Alley

Hi mods,

For some reason, one of my stories is unable to be edited, fully read, kudoed, or deleted. I tried reposting it, but am running into the same problem: https://www.barclaycardtravel.com/t5/Travel-Stories/The-story-of-China-Alley/ba-p/2357937#

Community Manager

Re: Stuck: The story of China Alley

Hi @starrysteph01 we have tested your issue on the backend and are experiencing the same situation. A support ticket for this has been created. We will let you know when we have an update on a solution!

Thanks!

Internationally Known

Re: Stuck: The story of China Alley

This has been going on for a while now. See the threads below, one titled "Posted Story Frozen" and mine going back to 1/31, "I can't re-edit certain stories".  It's randomly happened to me a couple times since then (usually on my nicest stories), and I haven't figured out any pattern of what I do wrong to cause the frozen-ness.

City Slicker

Bethany Im having the exact identical same issue with my first post for Dominican Republic Volunteer story I did.  I put a lot of work into it like almost 2 hours.  Nervous to do more stories if this is going to happen.  Can you help, what should I do?

City Slicker

Community Manager

Re: Re: Stuck: The story of China Alley

Hello everyone! 

I have merged threads to keep community discussion topics on the editing issue in one place. 

As of today, the support ticket for the error is still opened but we did just receive an update that it looks like a script error is occurring. The technical team is working to implement a resolution on site, we are hopeful the fix will come soon. 

To reiterate, all miles earned are still tracking correctly for the stories you are unable to edit.

Thanks,

Bethany 

Stately Explorer

Re: Re: Stuck: The story of China Alley

I just re-started contributing yesterday and I noticed the same thing happening with the story I wrote last year, A Bit of Tuscany in North Carolina. I'll keep a watch here for updates. Thank you.