cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do miles take to transfer to credit card?

Stately Explorer

How long do miles take to transfer to credit card?

I was inactive on here for a few years and started back up almost 2 weeks ago. None of the miles I have earned have posted to my credit card yet, and I’m just curious as to the timeframe I can expect for them to become available for use on my credit card?

7 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: How long do miles take to transfer to credit card?

This is a good question, and it addresses an issue that has caused some confusion. Your miles will typically post to your account on the 1st of the month. Sometimes, they seem to post on the 2nd or 3rd.

Keep in mind that the 1st of September is a Saturday, the 2nd is a Sunday, and the 3rd is Labor Day. Thus, I am not sure if the three day weekend will alter the posting schedule next month.

Stately Explorer

Thank you so much for the info! 

City Slicker

Hmm, that clears it all up. Thanks!

Nationally Recognized

This month, mine transferred on the 4th, probably due to the holiday weekend. The good news is I was only a couple of hundred short of my estimate, so things are looking up. 

Stately Explorer

Mine came through on the 4th as well, and as far as I can tell they are accurate within a few kudos worth at least. But depending on the cutoff, they may be included in next months. Either way, can’t argue with the value of this travel community! I wish I had made better use of it the 4 years I’ve been a member. I wrote a few stories at the beginning and then kind of forgot about it until a month or so ago!

Highlighted
City Slicker

MAY BE 3 DAYS
Community Manager

Hi @dallasp92 we are thrilled to have you active in the Travel Community again! 

Miles earned are posted to your account on the 1st of every month for previous month's activity. If the 1st of the month falls on a weekend, you will see miles earned posted the first Tuesday of the month. 

You can check your miles by ‘clicking’ Account Servicing > Activity & Statements -> Statements. You can download your most recent statement and view the Participation Miles field in the Rewards Summary information.

Lifetime Participation miles can be found on the right hand side of your Travel Community profile.  

Thank you. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you may have!