cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you keep track of your points/miles & other rewards?

Nationally Recognized

How do you keep track of your points/miles & other rewards?

I'm still waiting for the perfect app that will allow me to track all my rewards in one spot, but I dont think that exist. What are your favorite apps, if any, that you use to keep track of the various points/miles and othe reward program? So far I have tried Award Wallet and Trip It.  

14 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: How do you keep track of your points/miles & other rewards?

I may be old school, but I use an Excel spreadsheet. I keep a list of all of the major hotel/airline programs and also the major CC reward programs and our balances at each. I also have our frequent flier/account numbers there in case we need them. I have to manually update it, but we find it fun to sit down each month and look at all of the options we have for free/reduced travel. 

Internationally Known

Trips4me,  I'm right there with Markr867.  I have everything in excel spreadsheets.  I don't just have one spreadsheet I have multiple, plus Ikeep a couple small notebooks beside my chair.  It may seem like I'm over doing it but I'm pretty well kept up to date with all of my programs and the number of points/miles I have in each.  I also have to update them manually.  I signed up for Award Wallet but I'm not real sold on that.  I trust myself to keep track more than I trust an app.  I receive several different travel blog emails and The Points Guy comes out monthly with the estimated value of each point for several of the major rewards programs.  I have a seperate spreadsheet that calculates the monetary value of my points for each program.  

I've been into this hobby for quite a little while now but I'm still learning all the time.  Since I retired my wife teases me about this hobby being my part time job.  She says my chair is my office.  Lol!  Oh, I also made small print lists of all my rewards programs and membership numbers, cut them to about credit card size and laminated them to carry in my wallet.  Good luck.  Jeff

Internationally Known

Jeff makes another good point about an excel spreadsheet that I forgot. It is easy to adjust point values and see how much $$$ you actually have available to you when you keep track yourself. Point values can change without warning and 10,000 points from one reward program can be worth a lot more or less than with a different program. Just keeping tracking of the number of points doesn’t give you the whole picture.

Jeff, I would give you a kudos for your post but I’m behind kudos bars :(

Internationally Known

Mark, I completely understand about being behind the bars of kudo jail. It seems like I’m locked up everyday.  HaHaHa!

Nationally Recognized

Thank you all! old school spreadsheet is looking like the way to go! 

Internationally Known

Works great for me, but then again I am “Old School.”  HaHaHa!  

Dang!  Already in kudos jail.  :-(

Nationally Recognized

I use this spreadsheet. I don't use all the sheets on it, but I track redemptions, dates, etc. I hope it's ok to post it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t6bp6VkAq59tkX1r7pSzY4qwWVrSo0dLpYoy9ASUXiI/edit?usp=sharing

Internationally Known

Teebeetoo, looks interesting.  I’ll have to spend a little time checking it out.  

Nationally Recognized

Yes, thanks @teebeetoo, I will check it out!