cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give Kudo's freely and it will come back to you :-)

County Wise

Give Kudo's freely and it will come back to you :-)

Hi, 

I'm curious why members would hold back, or choose not to Kudo a story they viewed. It's points for that member, and doesn't cost you anything as you've already spent the time reading the story. Give Kudo's freely and it will come back to you :-) Just sayin. 

15 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Give Kudo's freely and it will come back to you :-)

I think people refrain from kudoing too much because while it costs you or them nothing, it costs Barclays money. If all people did was come here and hand out kudos all the time to everyone, Barclays would be out of a lot of money and they'd probably shut the site down.

Internationally Known

Honestly,  I think people don't Kudo because they don't get any reward for doing so. Yes, some people return the favor but I think many people are more interested in the amount of points they get for their time, and writing stories is just more lucrative. I enjoy reading the stories, so I read them on a somewhat regular basis, and I do leave kudos as long as the story doesn't look like it was fraudulently written. I have always said it would be a great thing to be able to have something comparable to "friends" on this site, so we could easily follow and keep up with stories of authors we enjoy. For now, we just have to remember their names and look them up. Mostly I just check whatever is on the latest stories page. 

I will give your stories a visit!

County Wise

Thanks for the responses, yes you don't get anything for kudoing, but it takes a tiny click of the button. Pay it forward I guess. And yes, I do enjoy reading the stories, my bucket list is getting longer and longer. 

County Wise

I have been wonderinf the same thing as well.  I really think it's because they don't get anything so people don't do it.

Nationally Recognized

I love to support others' stories. I love to kudo stories I read, but also want to learn a little bit of information from the story. That's my baraometer. If i came away with knew knowledge or wonderment, then I click to kudo. I'll check your stories out!

Nationally Recognized

If you leave a Kudo but don't leave a comment to go along with it, the person getting the Kudo has no idea who you are. So if you (or I) leave a kudo, also leave a comment so the author can reciprocate. 

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Hi @kinsee  

If you leave a Kudo but don't leave a comment to go along with it, the person getting the Kudo has no idea who you are. So if you (or I) leave a kudo, also leave a comment so the author can reciprocate. 

Stately Explorer

I don't mind giving Kudos freely and I think Barclay can afford it. We are creating great travel content here which could attract new sign ups.

Leave a comment with your Kudos so I can see who you are.

County Wise

I don't have a problem with giving out kudos, just as long as I see that there is a genuine effort to tell their story and I enjoy their story. I hope that others would feel the same with my stories!